At The Spotlight, we go behind the scenes and identify and highlight the
upcoming disruptors from the startup space!
Building The Ecosystem For EV Success | Shreyas Shibulal @ Micelio
Once every 2-3 decades, we experience an era of technological change that completely transforms how we live. In the 90s it was the connected computing devices, and right now we are going through another such transformation in the space of mobility. Micelio was conceived as the first-of-its-kind catalyst in the electric mobility value curve. Its mission is to power innovation and drive long-term, sustainable change in the clean mobility space.
What you must not miss:-
* How does Micelio make it happen?
* Funding journey
* Passion for clean mobility.
Careers in Logistics-Tech Startups | Pranay Prakash of Delhivery
"Culture ke naam pe dresscode chipkana - is not something I am a big fan off!" -
From a student who had to drop out of his military training due to an injury, to
starting his first job as a field recruiter and the journey that he took to
becoming the Head of Supply Chain HR at Delhivery (India's leading fulfilment
platform for digital commerce). Here is Pranay Prakash's success story captured
through a candid interview on The Spotlight.
Here are the key takeaways from this episode:
* How young graduates & freshers can shape their careers
* Using technology as an enabler to empower existing workforce & systems
* Insights into logistics operations as a career path
* Two key soft skills required to excel in the logistics industry.
* Bringing equality & breaking stereotypes in recruitment
Careers in Branding & Merchandising | Piyush Suri of 5BY7
"No matter what, set audacious goals. When you set audacious goals you will meet
them." - Piyush Suri.
A 1st generation serial entrepreneur, Piyush Suri is the CEO & Chief Storyteller
at 5BY7 a premium corporate gifting & promotional products company. In this
episode of The Spotlight, we sit down for a chat with Piyush to explore career
paths in the branding & merchandising space.
Here are the key takeaways from our conversation with him:
* Exploring opportunities to find the most suitable career path
* How to create brand engagement through merchandising
* How to bootstrap and grow your startup
* How to ensure that you have a predictable pipeline of customers
* Future of branding & brand extensions
From Campus to Founding Cashify | Nakul Kumar of Cashify
"I do not limit myself from thinking insane things, and trying to figure a logic
on if you can do it" - Nakul Kumar
Nakul Kumar is the Co-founder of Cashify, a re-commerce leader in India with a
focus on smartphones. Nakul is an MDI Gurgaon graduate and a serial
entrepreneur. His first business was in the waste management domain where Nakul
successfully started and managed the operations of a waste management plant and
made gold from garbage.
Today Cashify is the official buyback partner for top brands in smartphones such
as Apple, Samsung & Xiaomi to name a few. Apart from buyback they also sell
refurbished smartphones, smartphone accessories & smartphone repairs. Originated
in 2013 Cashify now has over 15 Lakh customers & over 1 Million App Downloads.
In this episode of The Spotlight, Nakul talks about starting a business as a
freshly graduated student without a clear business plan or any funding options.
Nakul's power-packed story is guaranteed to inspire many to set upon their own
Key takeaways from the show:
* How to start a business without a concrete business plan or funding.
* How to build credibility as a domain expert when you are just a fresh
* How to raise VC Funding through networking events.
* Advice for aspiring entrepreneurs on coming up with new business ideas.
Leveraging the family legacy | Arjun Vaidya of Dr. Vaidya's
"We are leveraging the power of Ayurveda using the power of digital" - Arjun
Arjun Vaidya the CEO of Dr. Vaidya's launched a D2C brand harnessing the
knowledge of Ayurveda accumulated over 150 years and passed down through 6
generations of his family. His goal is to leverage the power of Ayurveda using
the power of digital to make it available in every nook and corner of India &
This Brown University Alum is a passionate patriot who aspires to be the flag
bearer for taking Indian Ayurvedic science to consumers across the globe. In a
conversation this week with the host Akshay Datt, Arjun talks about his
childhood, studying abroad, working with Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy Group &
re-branding & scaling his grandfather's legacy through the Dr. Vaidya brand.
Here are our key takeaways from this episode:
* Making the transition from college academics to corporate life.
* Advantages of studying abroad.
* Launching & scaling a D2C business.
* What not to do in branding.
* Leveraging customers as a lever for growth.
To stay updated about the latest episodes, show launches & get daily tips on
career guidance join our WhatsApp community here
Returning to India and Starting up | Ankit Mehrotra of Dineout
"In India, dining out is an event, smallest of things can ruin it, and smallest
of things can make it better"– Ankit Mehrotra
When his fear of failure vanished with one examination, a spark of
entrepreneurship was ignited.
This South Delhi boy's story of an engineering degree, love for finance, days of
doing odd jobs to survive and culminating into a successful investment banker is
one for the movies. The young man however has been experimenting with business
since his early days.
Ankit Mehrotra is a University Of Essex alumni with a degree in Engineering, a
CFA charter holder and is a co-founder of Dine Out, one of India's largest
Dining out and Restaurant Tech platform operating across the B2C and B2B domain
processing more than 100M diners and $800 worth of transactions across its
network of 50,000 partner restaurants in 20 cities.
In this episode of The Spotlight, Ankit talks about being a young professional
during the 2008 recession, conceptualising Dine Out, starting out, acquisitions
and creating an ecosystem for the food industry.
Here are our key takeaways from our conversation with Ankit:
* Taking an idea from concept to business
* Common mistakes that start-ups may make
* Maintaining the vision of your business
* Understanding your niche, and
* Creating new avenues within your industry