Soumaya Keynes (The Economist) and Chad P. Bown (Peterson Institute for International Economics) cohost a podcast about the economics of international trade and policy. From trade wars to trade deals, this podcast covers trade developments with insights and economic analysis from two of the world's top trade geeks.
140. Is shipping ship-shape?
Containerized shipping is an odd business in normal times. What happens when you add a pandemic and a trade war?
139. How Technology Enabled Trade: Digitization and Offshoring
At the turn of the century, electronic communication suddenly helped firms fragment production, but only some went overseas.
138. Trade and the worst financial crisis of the century—in 1866
London’s central role in 19th century trade finance meant that its bank failure had effects for decades.
137. Imbalances, Inequality, and Trade
China, the US and Germany each suffer from inequality and trade imbalances. Their linkages, and how policymakers try to fix them.
136. Vaccine economics, and why we need trade to end the pandemic
Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala explains one way to solve the economic problem of how to manufacture and globally distribute a vaccine.
135. All you need to know about the race to lead the WTO
What people want from the next leader of the World Trade Organization.