Luke's English Podcast is an award-winning podcast for learners of English.
Listen, learn and have fun while picking up natural British English as it really is spoken.
748. Karl Pilkington's 3-Minute Wonders / Manchester Accent [Part 2]
Understand more of Karl Pilkington's rambling as we learn about the Manchester accent and pick up vocabulary along the way. Video version available on YouTube.
747. Social Awkwardness / Very British Problems (with Michael Lavers from Level Up English)
Talking to Michael Lavers from the Level Up English Podcast about learning Japanese, embarrassing moments in language learning, social awkwardness and some "very British problems". Are you as socially awkward as a British person? Let's see how you and Michael would respond to some quiz questions that will test your British awkwardness to the max. Video version available.
746. Karl Pilkington's 3-Minute Wonders / Manchester Accent
Understand English as it is spoken by native speakers. Let's listen to Karl Pilkington rambling about life, the universe & everything, and see what we can understand and learn. Karl is from Manchester, so we'll be looking at some features of his accent, picking up plenty of vocabulary and having a bit of a laugh along the way. Video version available on YouTube.
745. Mental Factors in Learning English (with Ray Addam) [English with Ray SwapCast]
Talking to English teacher Ray Addam from Glasgow in Scotland about mental factors in learning English, such as anxiety, confidence, stress and motivation. Video version available on YouTube.
744. The Rick Thompson Report: Fuel Crisis / Brexit Rant (Autumn 2021)
Talking to my dad about the latest in the Brexit saga, including the current fuel crisis due to lack of lorry drivers and other problems which were predicted in the run up to the Brexit referendum in 2016. Video version available on YouTube.
743. Give me Tea, Please - Practical Ingredients for Tasteful Language (with Natasha V Broodie) + ramble / song
Talking to author Natasha V Broodie who has written a book which aims to help learners of English understand the subtle codes of polite language when making requests and giving information in professional and personal contexts. In the conversation we explore the topic and consider some tips for making your language more culturally appropriate.