This is The Hockey News Podcast.
Each week we’ll bring our experts together, along with special guests, to talk about all the important issues in the hockey world.
Playoff Preview: New York Islanders vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
Can Sid the Kid help the Penguins win it all again, or will the Islanders go on another long run of their own? Ryan Kennedy and Matt Larkin preview the series.
Playoff Preview: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers
Can the Lightning win consecutive titles, or will the Panthers continue their hot run when it matters most? Ryan Kennedy and Matt Larkin break down the highly awaited Battle of Florida.
The Hockey News Fantasy Podcast: Keeper League Edition
This week on The Hockey News Fantasy Podcast with senior writer Matt Larkin:
It's a special keeper-league edition!
- Recommendations for keepers to scoop up in shallow, medium and deep leagues
- Strategy tip of the week: younger isn't always better
- Answering your keeper-league dilemmas, such as:
(a) Patrice Bergeron or Steven Stamkos?
(b) Tim Stutzle or Trevor Zegras?
(c) Max Pacioretty or Kyle Connor?
(d) Carter Hart or Ilya Sorokin?
(e) Aleksander Barkov or Patrick Kane?
Plus: questions on how to start a keeper league, when and when not to trade your draft picks and much more!
The Hockey News Podcast: Where Does Jack Eichel Go From Here?
This week on The Hockey News Podcast, with senior writers Ryan Kennedy and Matt Larkin:
- Jack Eichel slams the Buffalo Sabres for mishandling his back injury, hints that he'll be playing for a new team next year. Who is to blame for the fracturing of his relationship with the Sabres? Who is the right suitor to acquire him?
- The New York Rangers axed GM Jeff Gorton and president John Davidson in a shocker last week. Can Chris Drury handle replacing both of them? Are the Blueshirts doomed?
- The Columbus Blue Jackets and Arizona Coyotes part ways with coaches John Tortorella and Rick Tocchet, respectively. What's next for each of them? Who should replace them in Columbus and Arizona?
- The Blue Jackets insist Patrik Laine remains a big part of their future after a disastrous first season. Will he rebound with a new coach in 2021-22?
- Listener mailbag, including: will the Tom Wilson incident inspire teams to bulk up their rosters as protection?
Sami Jo's Podcast: Episode 7 – Becky Kelllar
Three-time Olympic Gold medalist Becky Kellar chats with Sami Jo Small about how to reinvent yourself to stay valuable and how to stay at the top of your game.
The Hockey News Prospect Podcast: Recapping the U-18 World Championship
Steven Ellis and Ryan Kennedy break down all the happenings from the U-18s, including the highly talked about the match between Connor Bedard and Matvei Michkov, the struggles for USA and Sweden and the players that stood out the most.
Good but audio problems
Love the pod but the one guy needs to get better internet, his audio cuts out on every episode.
It’s stunning how consistently bad the audio quality is for this podcast.
Sometimes interesting but host has wacky views
It’s really annoying when podcast hosts talk ‘under their breath’ because when they do so you can’t understand what they say! Also, during long discussions about a player, it would be great if they repeat that players name rather than just saying “he” and 30 to 45 seconds later you have to go back to learn who “he” was.
I give the hosts credit for taking a “wait and see” approach to Anari Panarin’s troubles but it was ridiculous for the host to say Russian media repeating unsubstantiated claims “would never happen here.” Hello! Did the host sleep through 4 years of President Trump’s ludicrous tweets?
And it’s be great to have hosts with a better grasp of their audience. One of them hated the outdoor game (that’s his right) but it got record ratings! Is he so jaded he can’t see what’s good for the sport?