An ongoing conversation about work, internet culture, and what it means to be a mindful 20-something at the beginning of your career.
30: Meritocracy ++
We like Notion (sort of), Daniel hates Basecamp, and John is prototyping board games. Then Daniel lays out his unified field theory of software engineering and pounds the table for collective bargaining.
29: Ominous death clock
In our season finale, we talk about time and attention. Daniel takes John to task about whether or not time exists. And then we talk about ego. We'll be back with Season 4 soon!
28: Heroic feats of workaholism (with Stephen Hackett)
Relay.fm co-founder Stephen Hackett stops in to talk about the perils of finding personal identity in your work, whether or not it's important to "love" what you do, and the weird experience of having an emotional relationship with a corporation.
27: Discipline December pt. 2 (with Caleb Porzio)
This week we recap Discipline December. We talk discipline as a tool, the downside of letting fear motivate your work, and using experiments to diagnose your problems. Then John loses his mind over how much he loves “Holy Hour”.
26: Ego depletion
We return to form with this old school episode with no guest. John is having a hard time getting things done, and Daniel has ideas for how to help. We discuss working from home, making good check lists, slowing your roll, and taking notes.
25: Discipline December (with Caleb Porzio)
Daniel is going to be disciplined for (almost) a whole month! This is a very meta episode: protestant work ethic, work habits, budgeting, food, exercise, checklists, tidying up, and more! Follow along with our progress in the link in the show notes. If you want to join along, shoot us a tweet.
Special Guest: Caleb Porzio.
- [Discipline December SPREADSHEET](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fNUtSBERd1PvjjHj_xTDuxbTNQx_5hFwlD5AukTDlNU/edit#gid=0 "Discipline December SPREADSHEET")
- [Patreon (our tip jar)](https://www.patreon.com/fitsandstarts "Patreon (our tip jar)")
- [Curating a Twitter feed (this week's bonus content)](https://www.patreon.com/posts/15672375 "Curating a Twitter feed (this week's bonus content)")
- [Caleb Porzio (@calebporzio) | Twitter](https://twitter.com/calebporzio?lang=en "Caleb Porzio (@calebporzio) | Twitter") — Loves @laravelphp | Developer @TightenCo | Co-hosts @twentypercentfm | just happy to be here
- [Caleb Porzio | website](http://calebporzio.com/ "Caleb Porzio | website")
- [calebporzio (Caleb Porzio) · GitHub](https://github.com/calebporzio "calebporzio (Caleb Porzio) · GitHub")
- [Mint: Money Manager, Bills, Credit Score & Budgeting](https://www.mint.com/ "Mint: Money Manager, Bills, Credit Score & Budgeting")
- [Financial Software and Wealth Management | Personal Capital](https://www.personalcapital.com/ "Financial Software and Wealth Management | Personal Capital")
- [YNAB. Personal Budgeting Software for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android](https://www.youneedabudget.com/ "YNAB. Personal Budgeting Software for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android")
- [Tell ‘Em What You’re Going To Tell ‘Em; Next, Tell ‘Em; Next, Tell ‘Em What You Told ‘Em | Quote Investigator](https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/08/15/tell-em/ "Tell ‘Em What You’re Going To Tell ‘Em; Next, Tell ‘Em; Next, Tell ‘Em What You Told ‘Em | Quote Investigator")
- [Twenty Percent Time](http://twentypercent.fm/ "Twenty Percent Time")
Good chemistry, good insight
What does it mean to be a good internet citizen? What does work/life balance mean for a 21st century 20-something? Where are those stickers they promised?
All that and more from Daniel and John, two of the brightest young guys in the game.
Hits Me Where I'm At
Very relevant to my young professional life and presents vibrant, fresh ways to improve my productivity as well as wrestling through the philosophy behind it.
I love the random ramblings, and the hosts are absolutely great. If you want a good podcast, look no further.