Firearms, lifting, hunting, the NFA world, adventuring, technology, and all kinds of cool stuff! Check out pewscience.com for more!
Episode 148 - YouTube Firearms Policy, KNS DiSCARder, and Testing Updates (01-FEB-2023)
1. The YouTube Firearms Policy, and you. Does it matter? It might – and possibly, more than you may think. (00:09:08)
2. PEW Science SCAR Project Update #9 – the KNS DiSCARder. The KNS Adjustable Gas Regulator for the FN SCAR. How does it compare to the Mototech SCARburator? Initial thoughts. (01:12:24)
3. New Sound Signature Review this week. That’s right! We’ll kick off February with something a little different. (01:35:22)
4. Quick update on some of the requested testing from PEW Science members, clients, and the public. Barrel lengths and shooting environment matter! Thanks for all your support – it helps to be able to continue this type of research. It is also helping create a space and opportunities for new companies to thrive! (01:37:43)
Episode 147 - CGS SCI-SIX Program Technical Discussion, KAC MK23, and Indoor Testing (25-JAN-2023)
1. Sound Signature Review 6.101 – The CGS SCI-SIX on the 5.56 MK18. This the technical discussion of the SCI-SIX Program. (00:07:08)
2. The KAC MOD.MK23/USP silencer. Been shooting it on the MK23, been liking it, can’t wait to test it! Is .45 ACP better than subsonic 300 BLK? I mean, maybe. (01:36:52)
3. New PEW Science testing - the effort continues. As we start to explore more use cases, testing may evolve! What are some of your most desired setups? Most desired locations? How will you use YOUR silencer? (01:50:09)
Episode 146 - CGS SCI-SIX Program 5.56 Introduction and SHOT Discussion (19-JAN-2023)
1. Sound Signature Review 6.101 – The CGS SCI-SIX on the 5.56 MK18. This is an introductory discussion of the SCI-SIX Program; the silencer should be publicly released this week. (00:09:32)
2. Listener Questions? You bet! Let’s jump in and answer some, in the spirit of SHOT week. (00:50:15)
3. Thank you all for your strong support in the new year. As more companies create new products, and push the boundaries of performance, there are several paths for them to choose. It’s very exciting to see which directions are followed in silencer design! (01:03:34)
Episode 145 - Dead Air Nomad-30 5.56 Technical Discussion and the KAC MK23 Experience (11-JAN-2023)
1. Sound Signature Review 6.100 – The Dead Air Nomad-30 (1st Gen) on the 5.56 MK18! This is the technical discussion. (00:05:36)
2. The KAC MK23 silencer on the HK MK23 Offensive Combat Handgun. Good golly, miss molly. Is it special? Yeah, you betcha. First impressions. (00:46:31)
3. PEW Science and podcast merch coming soon? Maybe not soon, but one podcast listener did get some for Christmas. He’s now a PEW Science member – big shout out to this gentleman and his wife, who reached out to try to surprise him. We made a Christmas miracle happen! (01:02:26)
Episode 144 - Q Full Nelson 300 BLK Technical Discussion and Happy New Year! (04-JAN-2023)
1. Sound Signature Review 6.99 – The Q Full Nelson with subsonic 300 BLK. The introduction was last episode. This is the technical discussion. (00:12:12)
2. New Year? Yes! New Sound Signature Review this week! You betcha. Big deal? Probably for a lot of you, yes. (01:43:18)
3. What a wonderful year 2022 was for PEW Science and the Silencer Sound Standard! All of us helped a lot of people. Throughout the year, education proliferated throughout the industry and we are all better for it. Let’s do the same in 2023 – with emphasis! Also, machine guns are cool. Try to shoot one this year. It should be one of your goals. (01:47:10)
Episode 143 - Q Full Nelson with Subsonic 300 BLK, Listener Questions, and T.REX ARMS (11-DEC-2022)
1. Sound Signature Review 6.99 – The Q Full Nelson with subsonic 300 BLK. Early review, before the holidays! This review is published concurrently with this episode, so this is an introductory discussion. (00:06:25)
2. Some more Listener Questions before the holidays?! You bet your sweet suppressed small arms collection there is. Let’s do it! (00:37:12)
3. I just appeared on Episode 149 of T.Rex Talk with Isaac from T.REX ARMS! We discuss testing, the firearm industry ecosystem, integrity, and the development of the Citizen Defense Industry. What a great way to end the year! To all the listeners, readers, and PEW Science members – thanks for making 2022 amazing. (01:00:27)
Amazing podcast on silencers. Great and science based way to learn more about silencers. Glad this is out there!
Informative and thoughtful but meandering
I love what Jay does and his content. However, it’s so drawn out and meandering. These podcasts could be cut by 30%. Sure, he has a set plan for each episode, but wow does it take forever to get through each point. If Jay were more succinct this would be a 5 star podcast.
Silencer nerd heaven
This is the podcast to follow religiously if you want to know more about cans than you thought possible. Jay is pushing (dragging might be a better term) the industry forward with Pew Science, and this podcast is mandatory supporting material imo. Keep up the good work brother!