欢迎关注微信公众号:英语主播Emily
在微信公众号里回复:课程
即可获得10节精品视频学习课程
全面提高听力,发音,口语
帮你告别哑巴英语 一步步开口“说”英语
A: So, what did you think of the film? Everyone's been raving about it.
那么,你觉得那部电影怎么样?大家都在对它赞不绝口。
B: To be honest, I thought it was no great shakes. The plot was pretty predictable.
说实话,我觉得不怎么样。剧情太容易猜到了。
A: Really? I thought the special effects were amazing, even if the story wasn't the best.
真的吗?我觉得特效很棒啊,即便故事不是最好的。
B: The effects were fine, but as a whole package, it's no great shakes. I've seen much better this year.
特效是不错,但作为一个整体,它平平无奇。我今年看过比它好得多的。
⭐No great shakes
用于形容某人或某事物 “并不出色,平平无奇,没什么了不起”。
He's no great shakes as a pianist.
他作为钢琴家水平一般。
The hotel was no great shakes, but it was cheap.
那家酒店不怎么样,但很便宜。
His proposal is no great shakes; we can come up with something better.
他的提议没啥新意,我们能想出更好的。
She's no great shakes at cooking, but she tries her best.
她做饭不怎么样,但她尽力了。
The food at that new restaurant is no great shakes.
那家新餐厅的食物很一般。
⭐rave about
对...极度赞扬、热烈夸奖、赞不绝口
You have to try that new restaurant! My friend is raving about it.
你一定要去试试那家新餐厅!我朋友对它赞不绝口。
She's still raving about the concert she went to last week.
她到现在还在对上周去的那个音乐会赞不绝口。
⭐predictable
可预测的;可预料的
The plot of the story was boring and predictable.
这个故事的情节既无聊又老套。
His reaction was predictable; he got very angry.
他的反应是意料之中的;他非常生气。
Information
- Show
- Channel
- FrequencyUpdated daily
- Published5 November 2025 at 22:08 UTC
- Length11 min
- Episode3
- RatingClean
