Life can be messy. The first step to successfully navigating faith, family and business is an authentic conversation.
Andy Mason gets real and raw sharing personal stories, insights, mistakes and lessons learned on his journey with God.
Andy tackles the tough topics, including:
- Hearing from God
- Rejection and promotion
- Success and failure
And much more!
Subscribe and enjoy a new episode each week.
***** - “Andy and Janine share life lessons that they have learned from REAL life! I have gleaned so much from listening to this podcast.”
***** - “This is how you start your day!"
***** - “Andy is a well of life-giving wisdom and his short-form podcasts are an excellent way to grow."
About Andy Mason:
As the Director of Heaven in Business, Andy Mason is catalyzing a global movement of people who are partnering with God at work and building cities.
For more than 15 years, Andy has been helping people and organizations discover and align with purpose and then develop practical steps to make their dreams a reality.
He has worked for a national consulting firm and a leading financial institution while also investing in international community development.
Andy is the author Dream Culture: Bringing Dreams to Life, God With You at Work and the recently released Finding Hope In Crazy Times.
Originally from New Zealand, Andy and his wife Janine are based in Redding, California, with their four children.
Connect with us:
To make sure you don’t miss an episode, subscribe to Authentic Conversations on your favorite podcast player.
Heaven in Business - https://HeaveninBusiness.com/
Andy and Janine - https://Authentic-Solutions.com/
097 The Voice of God with Dante Bowe
Greetings from Abbeville, South Carolina where I am currently traveling. This is a special episode where I got to interview the artist of a song that greatly impacted me and became the theme for navigating 2020 - The Voice of God by Dante Bowe. Listen as I interview Dante about his journey in music and encountering Jesus and the unique happenings behind the song itself.
Here's the link to watch the interview and join us Heaveninbusiness.com/free-trial
And here's the song on youtube where you can add to the 4.2M views so far...
Follow Dante and his music HERE - DanteBowe.com
096 How to Avoid FOMO and Wasting Your Life
Here's today's process navigating decision making in midst of increasing travel flexibility and demands, different expectations of 'back to normal' vs. new alignment and the ongoing saga of politics and pandemic 2020. What am I focussing on and how am I deciding?
1. There will always be uncertainty and things outside your control.
2. There will always be people distracted by the things outside their control, who want you to be as upset and distracted as they are.
3. None of either of the above is fruitful or rewarding.
4. As opportunities open up, you need to know what and how you will choose where to invest your time and energy. What will be your priorities? It's easy when you have limited options. As options increase, you need to know what you will say 'yes' to and what you will say 'no' to. You must know what 'success' is to you.
5. It's time NOW to redo your priorities. So how do you do that?
A) Big rocks exercise - listen here (Episode 45) and download the worksheet
B) VPMOSA - see Ford Taylor's book Relactional Leadership page 159 for details.
095 Leadership Summit Summary
We just completed our first in-person conference in over 12 months. The theme was how to lead like Christ in the midst of uncertainty. Our keynote speakers were Kris Vallotton, Shae Bynes, Ford Taylor and Andy Mason. Here's a summary of learning...
Day 1 - POSITIONED - testimony of the African Violet following the sun
Voice | Vision | Volume
You were born for this! Electricians don't complain about broken wires. Plumbers don't complain about broken pipes. Doctors don't complain about sick people. YOU ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD... don't complain if it's dark... S H I N E !
Framework vs. Blueprint. The framework is the generic system or structure. The blueprint is specific to you. Don't copy other people's blueprint - you have to find that for yourself.
Grace vs. Grind - See Shae Byne's book Grace Over Grind: How Grace will take your business where grinding can't.
VPMOSA - Vision | Purpose | Mission | Objectives | Strategy | Action. Find out more in Ford Taylors book Relactional Leadership or checkout his on-demand training
Day 2 - Hope that results in Action
You’re dead – Christ lives in you - It is written. No more excuses. You can heal. You can heal. You can do miracles. These sign's follow them that believe...
Host | Hear | Heal
6-Step apology from Ford Taylors book or training. This is what I did... I was wrong. I am sorry/apologize. Will you, or when you can, will you forgive me? I give you permission to hold me accountable to not do this again. Is there anything else I need to apologize for?
Wisdom: Source vs. Resource. If I treat the resource as the source I may lose both. God is the Source. He chooses to give us what we need through people (or books or...). As you are listening or reading, ask Holy Spirit what He is saying specifically to you through this resource.
Love looks like… Aware & Engaged. Who can you reach out to hear their story to grow in awareness of people different to you?
Day 3: It's You - Own it!
Host | Hear | Heal - businesses came in to the confernece and the attendees were activated to pray for them. The testimonies were life-changing!
Love looks like… communication
Culture: Head to Paper to People
Follow the Voice
If you want more, check out Authentic-Solutions.com or join us weekly via HeaveninBusiness.com/free-trial
094 Healing is Easy?
This is an interview I did with Sasha Caridia (Emergency Care Practitioner from UK) and Jared Balke (Off Site Property Manager from California). For the full video see HeaveninBusiness.com/free-trial
Jesus went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil. Acts 10:38
He said that everyone who believes would do the same. Mark 16: 17, 18
1. Cultivate a personal, private relationship with Jesus. His Word, His Ways. Psalm 91. Talk to Him about what you want to see in regard to healing in your workplace. Ask Him what His heart is for your workplace.
2. Cultivate the heart of Jesus for people. You cannot control whether someone get's healed; you can determine whether they feel loved.
3. Pray for people. Ask permission. Lay hands on the sick. Keep it simple; only believe. It's not about what you feel or don't feel; it's about who Jesus is and what He said is true: "Lay hands on the sick and they will recover." (Mark 16:17)
4. Persevere. If you haven't at least prayed for 200 people then simply keep praying for people! The director of a local prayer centered Healing Rooms said "I have prayed for more people who haven't been healed, than you have prayed for people." So... just do it; and do it with love.
Watch this full video on HeaveninBusiness.com/free-trial and send us your testimonies to HiBTestimony.com
093 Disciple-Making with Dave Buehring
I LOVED this interview unpacking how to identify, qualify, invite and challenge people into powerful relationships that are guaranteed to be fruitful. You can apply this to people you want to work with or employ, or people you want to invite into a discipleship group. Here's a quick summary:
1. Identify who you will work/walk with - in whose ears is your voice loud? Who do you have favor with? Who REALLY listens as evidenced by their follow-through?
2. Qualify - F.A.S.T acronym
Are they faithful or flaky?
Are they authentic or fake?
Will they share this or are they selfish?
Are they teachable or stubborn?
3. Invite them into a meeting where you share vision/purpose or plan. Outline what you are committing to do with/for them
4. Challenge them by looking them in the eye and asking "Are you ready to match my commitment?"
Grab a copy of Dave Buehring's book The Great Opportunity: Making Disciples of Jesus in Every Vocation
For more content like this that equips you to partner with God at work by helping you grow in identity, grow in business and grow in influence see Heaveninbusiness.com
092 Tools to Get Clarity of Purpose and Calling
You were born for significance. No child dreams of being average or insignificant. The problem is many of us reduce our life to survival or a paycheck. So how do you discover what you were born for and makes you come alive? Here's some tools to help...
1. Dream list - free download here... or grab a copy of Dream Culture: Bringing Dreams to Life
2. Personal discovery tool - free download here... or see more by PaulManwaring.com
3. Master plan - big rocks - free example download here...
4. Who | Why | Where | How
5. VPMOSA - Ford Taylor. Grab a copy of the book Relactional Leadership Pg 159-162
6. Not to do list - Kris Vallotton
If this is all overwhelming and you would like to do a course with a group or as an individual coach, contact us at Authentic-Solutions.com
Love how relatable Andy is
Andy goes to my church and I have been starting to listening to his podcasts. He has great topics and I love the length of them. It allows you to listen to a few at a time when you have a busy life. His subjects are relatable to me and he often points out things that I don’t always realize, which I really love.
Thankful to God that He brought Andy & team to our area for Heaven In Business Seminar in Feb. Receiving from God thru them, then rubbing shoulders with them to pray for local businesses of attendees was enlightening, encouraging, strengthening and fun. The LORD is with Andy!
Andy is a Gifted Leader and Speaker, can’t wait for a great 2020 with his Heaven in Business team