Host Jozef Zalot interviews prominent ethicists and medical professionals on the big issues facing health care today. "Ethics on Air" is a production of the National Catholic Bioethics Center. The views expressed in "Ethics on Air" do not necessarily represent those of the Editorial Board or the ethicists or staff of the National Catholic Bioethics Center. for more information on Catholic bioethics visit https://www.ncbcenter.org/.
Ep. 92: The Dobbs Leak
Dr. Charlie Camosy returns to Bioethics on Air to discuss the leaked decision in the Dobbs case and its impact on abortion politics in the United States.
Ep. 91: ACOG’s Orwellian Language on Abortion – Part Two
Pro-life OB/GYN Chris Stroud continues his critique of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists’ March 2022 ‘guidance’ on how to speak about abortion. This interview focuses on ACOG’s deceptive claims concerning dismemberment abortion and what the word term means.
1. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) – Guide to Language and Abortion https://www.acog.org/-/media/project/acog/acogorg/files/pdfs/publications/abortion-language-guide.pdf?bcs-agent-scanner=b726659c-4179-4d4b-9103-aa1fdac5aed9
2. Live Action video (animated) of the dilation and evacuation (D&E) abortion procedure – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgw4X7Dw_3k&ab_channel=LiveAction
Ep. 90: ACOG’s Orwellian Language on Abortion – Part One
Pro-life OB/GYN Chris Stroud joins Bioethics on Air to critique the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists’ March 2022 ‘guidance’ on how to speak about abortion. This interview focuses on ACOG’s claim that we can no longer use the terms baby, unborn child, or fetal heartbeat.
1. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) – Guide to Language and Abortion at https://www.acog.org/contact/media-center/abortion-language-guide
2. Fertility and Midwifery Care Center – https://fertilityandmidwifery.com. For telehealth, email email@example.com
3. "Doctor, Doctor" podcast, episode 256 – “Child Birth: Safe, Healthy, and Empowered Options.” Go to https://doctordoctor.org/ and click on “Discover Past Episodes”
Ep. 89: Introducing the Catholic Health Care Leadership Alliance
Steven White, MD and NCBC President Joseph Meaney join Joe Zalot introduce the newly formed Catholic Health Care Leadership Alliance (CHCLA). Steve and Joseph explain why the alliance was formed, discuss its founding members, and set an ambitious agenda to transform Catholic health care.
CHCLA website – CatholicHealthAlliance.org
Ep. 88: Referral, Transfer of Care, and Conscience Rights
Family Medicine physician Lisa Gilbert discusses the ethical challenges surrounding referrals for illicit medical interventions, the distinction between referral and transfer of care, and her work advocating for the conscience rights of medical professionals.
1. Ukrainian Catholic Crisis Media Center – https://uccmc.org
2. Advocacy for Life course - https://www.studentsforlifehq.com/advocacyforlife
3. Cynthia Jones-Nosacek, MD, “Referral vs Transfer of Care: Ethical Options When Values Differ,” Linacre Quarterly, 2021
If you enjoy our podcasts, please consider making a donation to the NCBC - https://www.ncbcenter.org/donate.
Ep. 87: The Common Good and COVID-19 Vaccines
In part two of his interview, Dr. John Di Camillo addresses how the Catholic understanding of the common good can help inform responses to ongoing ethical concerns regarding COVID-19 vaccines and boosters, as well as mandates.
Great resource for ethics
A refreshing and great resource in a world full of fast flowing information. More than ever we are bombarded with misinformation and plain ignorance, having a truthful and powerful value based outlook on bioethics is key.
The questions asked are very pertinent to the emerging research and the guests on the show are very knowledgeable. I loved Fr. Austriaco’s talk on CRISPR. Keep up the good work. Upload more podcasts!