Fad diets got you down? Same. We teach you how to eat pizza and still lose weight.This podcast is here to help you master your fitness, lose the weight you've been trying to lose for the past decade, and give you the answers you've been looking for with your health and wellness. The only way to lose weight is with a calorie deficit but what exactly is that? We will teach you. With lots of special guests and clients, you will learn everything you need to know and then some! This podcast breaks down the complicated and scientific language so that you can know exactly what you need to do in order to lose weight and live your healthiest life. Check us out on YouTube, TikTok and Instagram. There is plenty more free help there.
Behavior Changes for Weight Loss That Feel Like MAGIC
Thank you for listening to today's episode. If you enjoyed it, please give us a rating! You can find us on all social media platforms.
Included in today's episode:
1. Behavior changes for weight loss that you can implement to speed up or feel successful in your weight loss.
2. Tools for eating like protein intake and meal timing.
3. Toxic behavior patterns that you need to stop in order to feel better around eating and food in general like skipping meals.
4. How eating actually helps weight loss in the long term.
5. Reducing calories in a way that is beneficial - like through reducing liquid calorie intake.
6. Stopping extreme dieting behavior patterns like starving yourself only to end up bingeing later.
7. Making a plan and sticking to it when it comes to meals.
8. Other items that will help you solidify your weight loss baseline that are going to make you both happier and healthier.
Lex is taking clients today. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
#22 The Importance of Walking (Why It's Necessary for Fat Loss)
Walking is necessary for an overall healthy life! Today we talk about a great article that overviews the medical findings of the benefits of walking and why it's better than any other form of cardio.
This episode includes:
1. Physical improvements of walking
2. Body composition improvements from walking
3. Improvements of blood pressure
4. Walking keeps weight off!
5. Walking vs. HIIT
6. Digestive benefits from walking
7. Emotional benefits from walking
8. How much should you walk?
9. Interesting note on overall energy expenditure and how to avoid messing it up
10. Gosh dang can't think of another note but have to make it even!
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review! If you didn't enjoy this episode, give us a review too! You can find more free content on Instagram and Youtube @caloriedeficit_ and Calorie Deficit University.
Thank you so much for your support. You guys are so amazing.
Where to find the article talked about in this episode:
#21 Can I Eat What I Want And Still Lose Fat? (The Topic and Importance of Food Quality)
The simple answer is, yes you can eat whatever you want and still lose fat as long as you are in a calorie deficit. But is that optimal? Probably not, no. So this episode undertakes the complicated answer: no....you still need to pay attention to what you are eating, where it comes from, and the ingredients in your processed food.
Also included in this episode:
1. What do eat?
2. What to eat for fat loss: calorie deficit
3. What to eat for muscle gain: calorie surplus
4. You CAN eat whatever you want but it isn't going to optimize your progress.
5. Quality of food matter. What is in your food matter.
6. Eat whole foods. What are whole foods? Real food? Processed food?
7. Ingredients to avoid in processed foods (gums, palm oil, cane sugar....oh and we talk about OATS too)
***Alexis goes on a super long tangent about gut health because that is apparently all she likes to talk about. :(
8. What to eat instead for the foods I just can't and won't give up.
9. Grass fed butter, raw grass fed cheese, EVOO, avocado oil etc.
10. The dreaded artificial sweetener debate.....ew
If you enjoyed this episode, please give us a review and follow for more content posted every Friday! We are also on Instagram @caloriedeficit and Calorie Deficit University on Youtube...TikTok all the things.
Thank you so much for your support and listening. It means so much.
Where to find the articles discussed in the episode:
#20 What To Do When The Scale WON'T Move!
In this episode we talk about what to do when you aren't seeing the scale move!
Included in this episode:
1. Addressing how long it's been since you've started trying to lose fat...90 days?!?
2. Consistency (actually being consistent and how hard it is)
3. Being honest with yourself (one of the hardest parts of fat loss)
4. Dialing in the food (what and how, counting calories as a tool)
5. Getting your overall movement up (thermogenic effect)
6. Being patient (this one is super hard too)
7. Consistency (again)
8. Getting back to the basics (what are the basics of fat loss?)
9. Not overcomplicating fat loss (it really is simple: calories in vs calories out, being in a calorie deficit)
10. Consistency (oh yes, again)
If you enjoyed today's episode, please give us a review! We really appreciate it so much.
If you are interested in more free content follow us on Instagram @caloriedeficit_ and Youtube at Calorie Deficit University
Next Weeks Episode: How to Survive A Holiday When Trying To Lose Fat
#19 Surviving and Thriving a Holiday While Trying to Lose Fat
So you're trying to achieve your goals but the holiday season and wedding season and event season and birthday season and thing after thing keeps coming up! Even if you aren't trying to lose weight or achieve any fitness goal, I have some great help for you in this episode.
In this episode we talk about:
1. Preparing yourself for the holiday or event
2. Different ways that you can prepare for the event based on your goals and needs
3. Prepping the day before and the day after
4. Choosing between counting the calories of the event or not
5. One day or one meal off of your plan isn't going to undo your progress
6. You are only ONE meal away from getting back on track
7. Being 80% consistent is the goal but you have to be honest with yourself
8. Bringing your own food
9. Don't arrive starving to any event ever
10. You can have a vacation and that's okay. You don't have to always be ON
11. You will only achieve your goals if its by a sustainable means.
12. Emotions and the holidays are hard
13. Holidays are meant to be enjoyed so don't miss out on that
14. If you don't like the food, throw it away. Be in control!
15. People are jerks about diets....
16. People are jerks about alcohol
17. Keto people like to talk about keto so just let them talk
18. Do what is right for YOU and no one else
19. If you don't want to drink, don't
20. You CAN achieve your goals while enjoying people. Just be in control of what you can control.
If you enjoyed this really detailed episode, please go ahead and give us a review! We would love to have to subscribe as we post new episodes every Friday. You can find more free content on IG @caloriedeficit_ and Youtube at Calorie Deficit University.
Alexis is now taking new clients as of August 1, 2021. Once the openings have filled, they have filled! Reach out and take an intake form to see if you would be a good fit for her programming.
#18 Talking about Intuitive Eating (pros, cons, disagreements, breakdowns)
In this episode we talk about the highly popularized, intuitive eating.
1. Going over the 10 principles of intuitive eating
2. The reality is, intuitive eating is just another gimmick dieting company
3. If intuitive eating really wanting you to succeed, they would give everything away for free but no, they have courses, books etc.
4. Pitfalls of intuitive eating
5. How intuitive eating can be used to justify your current habits and enable you
6. Intuitive eating doesn't challenge you to be better or change/achieve goals
7. Much better ideas and a more simple way to approach eating, goal achievement, and weight loss
8. Intuitive eating is just another stab at an age old problem that already has a solution: eat less calories and eat more dense foods (veggies, fruit, protein, carbs)
9. Going over simple weight loss basics
10. I couldn't think of another point we talked about but I had to put 10 because I am obsessed with evenness.
If you enjoyed today's episode, please go and subscribe. We post new episodes every Friday. If you would like to be on the podcast, email email@example.com to get scheduled. Alexis will talk to anyone interested to be on the podcast but we cannot guarantee that the episode will air.
Find more FREE content and helpful information on IG @caloriedeficit_ and Youtube at The Calorie Deficit University.
Thank you for stopping by!
This podcast is amazing! It has helped me through & through in my training. Coach Alexis has also done an amazing job at coaching me! I can’t recommend the podcast enough to anyone trying to learn whatever they can about calorie deficits & the fitness lifestyle.