Ever wondered what consumer DNA testing can do for you- beyond telling you your ethnicity? Are you an adoptee- or someone who has an unknown parent or relative? Do you love Genealogy? You're in the right place. Join Julie DIxon Jackson and Renee Colvert as they attempt to guide you through what it takes to use DNA to break down brick walls, solve mysteries- or find your "people"!
Episode 310: All About Eve Sturges....Again!
In this crossover episode with the "Everything's Relative" host, @joolsjackson talks with @evesturges about the discoveries she has made after four hours of analysis of Eve's Ancestry DNA results.
For Eve's original appearance on the podcast please refer back to Episode 79.
Subscribe, Rate and Review!
Episode 309: From The Ditches
- Don't be intimidated by "legal" threats
- Unplanned babies have "attachment" issues
- Don't be fooled by coincidence!!
- Part 2 of Cory Goodrich's Epic Odyssey
For help finding biological family email firstname.lastname@example.org
Episode 308: Deep Diving Diggle
- An Adoptee's DNA reveals murder
- Father gains custody of his biological daughter
- Book Nook- American Baby by Gabrielle Glaser
- Epic Odyssey with Cory Goodrich
Episode 307: One Night In Shepherd's Bush
- The love a father who never questioned his daughter's racial ambiguity
- A story from "the trenches" that revealed more than just the identity of a biological mother
- Final part of Jessica Stavena's story of Fertility Fraud
Subscribe, Rate and Review
Episode 306: Native American Trenches
- Rich has a slippery encounter
- Follow-up on angry bio father response
- The trouble with Cherokee DNA
- "Trench" story with a Native American twist
- Part 3 of Jessica Stavena's Epic Odyssey
Subscribe, Rate and Review!
Episode 305: CVS Skunk Lady
- Adoptive mothers, daughters and their hair
- Stories from the Gen Genie Trenches
- Part 2 of Jessica Stavena's Epic Odyssey
- Please subscribe, rate and review.
The Truth Is In Your Genes
Customer ReviewsSee All
Thank You Julie and Rich!
I love this podcast. Oddly I only found it at the beginning of the pandemic and binge-listened. It was absorbing and helped blunt the impact of all of the insanity. Anyway - now I am caught up and eagerly await each new episode. As an adoptee the topic really resonates with me. I love how sensitive and kind Julie and Rich are and their banter (and as the mother of a musical theater kiddo I love the musical references). ♥️
Hits close to home
Love the show. My parent was adopted. While searching for her parentage, I discovered that I was an NPE. It’s been a DNA rabbit hoke of secrets. The tips and tricks have helped uncover so much, and the stories help process the discoveries.
I am an NPE and enjoy this podcast
Julie understands the emotions that come with DNA discoveries. I feel honored that she allowed me to share a part of my story on the show. I thank her for her work with this podcast and with her work as a genetic genealogist, as it is SO very needed. Thank you Julie!
NPE Alicia “notparentexpected”