In the Fantastical Truth podcast from Lorehaven, hosts E. Stephen Burnett and Zackary Russell find truth in fantastic stories, and apply the wonders of these imaginary worlds to the real world our Creator has called us to serve. Join the best Christian fantastical authors and other creative friends on this joyful journey, to find the happiness and holiness of Jesus through his gift of truthful imagination.
79. How Do We Use Fantastic Fiction to Process Wars and Rumors of Wars?
When terrorists attacked and towers fell, how did Christians engage with nonfiction books and fantastical tales?
78. What If You Discovered Fairy Dust and Peter Pan Were Real? | The Heirs of Neverland series with Kara Swanson
Dust and Shadow author Kara Swanson shares the happy thoughts and nobledark struggles behind her Peter Pan retelling.
77. Creator, Evangelist, or Worshiper—What’s Our One Job When We Enjoy Stories? | Fiction’s Chief End, part 4
Before we speak of our writing, discerning, cleaning, or using fiction, we must know our assignment: to glorify God and enjoy him forever.
76. Why Did Secular Readers Try to Cancel A Christian Historical Romance Novel? | with Parker J. Cole
Christians must address romance fiction's tragic backstories when we respond to cancel campaigns with gospel grace and conviction.
75. What If Only Human Blood and Sacrifice Could Save Your Empire? | The Seventh Sun with Lani Forbes
We deconstruct faith and suffering in Lani Forbes's Mesoamerican fantasy novel The Seventh Sun, winner of three Realm Awards.
74. What If Christians Created Backstory for Noah’s Ark and Also Built the Actual Boat? | with Tim Chaffey
We're joined by Tim Chaffey of Answers in Genesis, one of the creative architects who helped build the Ark Encounter.
Informative, Faith-based, Smart
The hosts make logical conclusions in an apologist manner toward helping Christian and lay audiences understand how fiction work fits into our lives today.
This podcast discussing fantastical fiction is not only for writers, but for readers and fans. The hosts go beyond the typical talk about Tolkien and CS Lewis, but dive deeper and encourage the listener to think imaginatively about all genres of entertainment. The podcast is well done. I appreciate the approachable professionalism.
I love Lorehaven in general
And this podcast is just one more reason to love it! So many cool topics that no one else is talking about!