Does it feel like no matter how hard you work, it's just not working?
Do you wish you had the confidence to create the life you want?
Elizabeth Gould is a bestselling author, speaker and High Performance coach. Elizabeth has written three books about how to overcome challenges using proven strategies from science and real life stories! Elizabeth's latest book, "feeling Forwards - How to become the person who has the life you want' has been endorsed by NYT#1 author and life strategist, Tony Robbins and received global acclaim.
Tune in for a few minutes a week to uncover the strategies and techniques revealed through decades of research and used by people around the world.
It's time to harness the power of your emotions and transform your life!
S6 E31 Is suffering part of achieving success?
Is suffering part of achieving success?
In this week’s episode of the Feeling Forwards Podcast, host Elizabeth Gould was inspired to dive into the interaction between suffering and success.
Perturbed by a supposedly positive yet confronting saying about how to achieve success, Elizabeth dives into musings on success and suffering interwoven with the latest scientific research including:
• The interplay between suffering and personal growth. (1:08)
• The latest research on what has the greatest impact – positive or negative events. (2:38)
• Which has the greater impact – post traumatic stress or post traumatic growth? (3:57)
• Cancer survivors' altered focus on their life’s purpose in remission. (4:01)
• THe relationship between resilience, pain and success. (5:02)
And so much more!
S6 E30 The best way to manage your energy?
As the Founder/CEO of SORCE, Jessica Corbin is dedicated to regenerating human energy, accelerating organizational consciousness and architecting a vital future.
Recently named by the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center as one of their Milestone Makers and brought into StartUp Health's portfolio of companies, the SORCE App is solving the $300 billion problem of stress and burnout through data driven + human centered technologies. The SORCE app and platform captures a user's physical and behavioral data to drive health + performance coaching for individuals, teams, and organizations.
In addition, Jessica is a sought after keynote speaker for organizations like Warner Brothers, Activision Blizzard, The Motion Picture and Television Fund and luxury spa Rancho La Puerta where she educates and inspires people to become profoundly resilient in body, mind and soul. Jessica has also appeared as a featured correspondent for mainstream TV networks and programs such as CNN, ABC’s The View, E! Entertainment, TechTV, The Style Network and the Science Channel.
In this podcast episode we uncover together;
• How Jessica’s college days as an elite runner taught her mental preparation, drive and high performance but also led to burnout. (5:16)
• The incredible link between regenerative business and solving the human energy crisis; (11:25)
• Using Heart Rate Variability as a biomarker for health and performance. (16:35)
• How harnessing AI can assist measuring and managing stress in the workplace. (28:43)
• Ways to use neuroscience to improve mental well-being; (34:11)
And so much more.
You can connect with Jessica and learn more about Sorce at:
S6 E29 Protecting women in sport with Boob Armour
Suzie Betts is an entrepreneur known for her remarkable journey as the founder of Boob Armour. A life-changing moment occurred in her late 40s when she experienced a sports-related breast trauma. This pivotal event, combined with her two active daughters, ignited her determination to ensure that no young female athlete would endure a similar fate. Her mission to safeguard breast health and introduce a ground-breaking market for breast protection led to the creation of Boob Armour.
Designed by women for women, Boob Armour emerged as an innovative solution meticulously crafted to provide confidence not only in sports but also in various industries where breast protection is paramount. From trades and mining to frontline work and defence and military roles, countless women have been exposed to potential risks without the protective measures they deserve. Boob Armour's breast encapsulation impact-absorbing inserts effectively shield against immediate and long-term breast trauma, reflecting Suzie's unwavering commitment to promoting breast health and safety across different spheres of life.
In this interview we explore;
The beginning of Suzie’s entrepreneurial journey resulting from a health scare (1:23)
What medical research had been done on breast trauma? (3.43)
The challenge of a start up with a radical new product. (9:59)
The latest feedback from athletes as well from fontline workers such as police and health professionals. (15:07)
How Boob Armour helps keep girls in sport for longer. (15.30)
How AI helps get a perfect fit online? (16:48)
The role to be played by insurance companies and sporting associations. (25.34)
And so much more!
You can connect with Suzie Betts and learn more about Boob Armour at
• boobarmour.com.au (Company)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
S6 E28 Bullying and brain damage - How to heal.
Dr Jennifer Fraser is an award-winning educator, author, and presenter. Her latest book, ‘The Bullied Brain: Heal Your Scars and Restore your Health’ shines a spotlight on the physical harm done to brains by all forms of bullying and abuse, the evidence on brain scans, and the strategies and techniques to recover optimum brain health.
Jennifer has a PhD in Comparative Literature from University of Toronto where she was trained to take different discourses out of their silos, put them into an arena and see if that changed the conversation. Putting bullying and neuroscience into the arena produces empowering insights into how we can all better care for our brain health and thereby attain happier, healthier, and more high-performing lives.
In this episode of the Feeling Forwards Podcast, we discuss
• How Jennifer’s early interest in literature and then her PHD exploring pedagogy in writing between the World Wars led her into the world of neuroscience and human behaviour(2:41)
• How this work led Jennifer to look at how bullying can cause physical damage to the brain. (7:23)
• How physical damage is manifested in the brain compared with the body. (12:24)
• Is there a tipping point in the brain when verbal or emotional abuse will cause brain damage? (17:55)
• How to communicate effectively as a parent, leader and educator to understand when bullying may be causing damage. (23:35)
• The essence of Jennifer’s ground-breaking work in her acclaimed book, ‘The Bullied Brain’ and key takeaways from her next book, ‘The Gaslit Brain’.
And so much more!
Learn more and connect with Jennifer and her work at
• bulliedbrain.com/contact (Company)
S6 E27 Change your self talk, transform your life.
Have you ever wondered why after listening to an inspiring speech, watching an incredible TED Talk or attending a fascinating seminar that afterwards you can hardly remember what was said?
It’s all has to do with what your brain decides you believe.
There’s an old saying that ‘Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.’
Actually that’s wrong. Because what we say to ourselves we believe, and what we believe about ourselves affects our body, our brain and creates our future.
In this episode, I share;
• Why you believe only 3% of what you hear from an expert, but 97% of the information you tell yourself. (0:42)
• The power of self-talk on two levels - the mind body connection and how self talk creates the future you do, or don't want. (1:58)
• How self-talk affects what your brain chooses to accept. (5:35)
• How can you stop negative self-talk? (6:51)
And so much more!
S6 E26 Interview with Taylor Victoria - Scaling a startup and how to best use a VA in your business.
Want to know the best strategy to engage an effective VA partner for your business?
Taylor Victoria started on her entrepreneurial journey at the age of 22, and since then she has started multiple companies. She now runs Level Up Outsourcing, a VA agency with over 90 staff focusing on pairing international business owners with VAs in the Philippines.
Taylor is also a passionate speaker, having spoken at and been MC at events in multiple countries around the world. Taylor has a mission to help business owners release themselves from mundane tasks that can be outsourced and find more time for themselves and to focus strategically on their business. Taylor loves to share the secrets of how she went from broke to multiple six figures in 2 years and brings fun and positive energy to any platform she is invited to speak on!
In this episode we discuss:
• What first inspired Taylor to become an entrepreneur. (2:00)
• The key principles that worked for Taylor in developing traction and getting clients. (4:57)
• How the idea of starting a VA agency arose from solving a friend's lifestyle challenge. (7:08)
• Taylor's key strategies for lead generation and sales when growing her business. (14:16)
• What role does AI play in connecting with a VA strategy? (16:49)
• Why having defined workflows is key before engaging a VA. (22:02)
• How to connect with Taylor! (27:09)
And so much more.
Want to connect with Taylor and Level Up Outsourcing?
Level Up Outsourcing
Ellie hits the mark with this podcast by sharing impactful stories and golden nuggets. Each time, I am inspired to dig deeper and apply the knowledge. Huge value for the minimal investment of time. Definitely worth it to listen and subscribe!
Great listen for entrepreneurs
Ellie feels like a good friend who also happens to be a very successful entrepreneur who you are chatting with over morning coffee. Actually, I put her on to kickstart my day, so this is kind of true for me ;) I loved her piece about "What is the big question you are avoiding". As an entrepreneur it can feel isolating and like you are the only person experiencing the various emotions that go with it, but this helps to not only bridge that gap, but recognize that there are tricks and tips to help you manage your day to day, as well as zoom out to the larger perspective. I like how she uses small vignettes/stories to illustrate her points. Looking forward to seeing more!