Marketing ideas for B2B marketing professionals and for sales people that want to reach and engage with prospects in a different way.
Self Identity & Marketing
I really enjoyed this discussion with Chris Greenough Chief Marketing Officer at Everise - a customer experience transformation company. We talked about a number of ideas around self identity and what that means for marketing, including some of the following:
- Self identity & marketing - predictions for the next decade.
- Deep fakes and new face?
- Synthetic influencers and bots.
- Dark marketing and moves towards anti-technology.
Link to podcast: https://anchor.fm/marketingforthesalesguy
If you want to connect with Chris: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisjgreenough/
Link to Chris's article relating to this podcast: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/2030-decade-fluid-identity-chris-greenough/
Selling With Authentic Persuasion
An interview with Jason Cutter CEO and Founder of Cutter Consulting Group and author of "Selling With Authentic Persuasion". Today on the program we talk about sales and cover the following topics:
- Sales stereotypes: how true are they?
- Three key ideas from Jason's recent book - self awareness, "your why" and leadership
- Understanding your prospects
- Challenges in sales today
- Persuasion or manipulation - Jason's take on this.
- How sales has changed?
- Moving conversations forward
For any questions about what we have discussed, enquiries about sales training or to find out more about Jason's book you can reach him on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jascut/
Or, probably the best way to connect is via the website: https://jasoncutter.com/ - where you can access Jason's book, podcast, and lots of great content.
Fake Sales & Marketing Alignment
A solo episode this time where I review two articles on Sales & Marketing alignment and give my own views. I cover some of the following topics:
- A checklist of ideas that aim to help sales and marketing alignment
- Practical ideas for sales and marketing teams to use
- A discussion on social selling and the role that plays.
- Some uncomfortable truths about sales & marketing alignment
Here are links to the two articles I discussed in the program:
Hubspot article by Carolina Samsing:
Salesforce article taken from Jill Rowly talk at Dreamforce conference:
Myths About Programmatic Advertising
An interview with Cristina Viscasillas from the media agency Carat based in Singapore. Today on the program we talk about all things programmatic advertising and cover the following topics:
- What parts of the marketing funnel are best suited to programmatic?
- Targeting - How targeted can you be? How targeted should you be?
- What size and kind of companies could best utilize programmatic?
- What about brand safety?
- What does the future hold for programmatic in the next few years?
Cristina suggested a few sources to find out more about programmatic advertising, including the following:
Or you can reach out to Cristina on LinkedIn if you have any questions.
Branding with Purpose
An interview with Piyachart Isarphakdee (Arm), CEO at Brandi - a brand consulting firm based in Bangkok, Thailand.
We cover a fair few topics in this episode so I have listed out so of the main items we discuss:
Brand centralisation - Not just about profit, but shared values, the three P's: Profit, People & Planet
Brand 4.0 - The four stages: 1. Industrialisation (Products/Services), 2. Information (Greater customer personalisation), 3. Social (Shared community values), 4. Transformation (The consumer is in charge)
How to cope with Covid-19 - Focus on operations for sure, but think about changing mindset to value based and seek new opportunities
The Brandi approach - Above the ocean strategy
How can a brand develop purpose - Pick one of the 17 global Social Development Goals, the one that makes most sense for your brand.
Brands with negative perception - Improve your process in some way that creates something positive or separate product and brand and do some good with your brand and produce a net positive impact.
For more information about Brandi you can reach them at: https://www.brandiandcompanies.com/
Marketing Mix Modeling
A discussion this week with Ty Yaffe from Luxu Technologies on a variety of sales & marketing ideas including:
- Video messaging
- Multi touch marketing attribution
- Marketing mix modeling
- How to experiment with your marketing
- Facebook shops and shopify: making it easier yor your customers
To reach out and connect with Ty you can connect with him at LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tyyaffe/ or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org