Join Ana and Soren Sterling for KinkQuest, leveling up our Kink Achievements, one dungeon at a time. We'll discuss various kinks, interview guests and talk about the wide world of kink and all of the various ways that people interact with it!
Episode 7 - KinkQuest Campaigns
I cannot possibly communicate via blog post how very excited I am to finally be podcasting again! We have really missed podcasting and Twitter and all of the various ways that KinkQuest connected us to a lovely community of people, but life got tough for a little bit and we had to focus on other things.
However, now we are back and recording and questing again. I also have plans to update lots of little things on the site, but for now I just wanted to get an episode up so that the podcast would be officially no longer dead!
Part of our time away from podcasting has been about the whole life thing, but another part has been an uncertainty about where to go with this podcast and how to cover all the ground that we both want to cover. We got some time off work this week (finally!) and spent many hours in deep conversation about what to do, and this episode is the result.
This week, we're talking about our 3 big kink goals, and how we plan to move them forward. (Looking for more kinky/questy fun? Watch for Episode 8, coming up as soon as I can get it edited, Adventures in Sustainer's Keep!) In this episode, we outlined each of our 3 'Campaigns':
• Building a Guild (Episodes that follow our quest to find a local in-person community)
• Developing a Warder Bond (Our studies in how to better use kink to support my mental health)
• Perfecting my Android Goddess (Soren's goals in training me to be my best and most exhibitionist self)
Episode 6 – Aftercare and Care
This week, we've been working way too many hours, and we're both in need of some aftercare, so it seemed like a good time to chat about what aftercare is, what drop looks like, and how we can all take better care of one another.
We talked about:
• Adding Healing Springs, the Aftercare city (thanks to a request from @Mjao!)
• What you might put in an Aftercare kit (or at least what's in ours!)
• Sub Drop / Dom Drop
• Subspace / Domspace / Flow State
• Taking care of each other in a messed up world
Episode 5 – Cupcake Sitting
This week, we did our first official Quest Episode! We thought, since we're celebrating the launch of the website, cupcake sitting would be a nice, celebratory place to start!
For all the details about how we did it and what we learned (and a little bit of low-quality audio that we managed to record while we were on the adventure itself!) don't miss Episode 5!
We talked about:
• What we did to prepare
• How to make the space for kink adventures when real life gets in the way
• What a tuffet is
• In the episode, Soren asked me to add a link to the Silicone douche bag that I discussed. It looks like mine is no longer available on Amazon, but you can find lots of similar ones if you just search 'silicone enema bag' Though the product is marketed for enemas (and works well for that too, if you need that sort of thing) most of them also come with a separate tip for douching that works really well! (Though I'd eventually love to upgrade to a tip that actually attaches to the shower!)
• We also talked about our favorite lube, The Butters, which has ingredients in it that help prevent infections. We've contacted Jerome about getting a coupon code to hopefully get our listeners some discounts, but for now, I'm just including a link to the site. Pick some up, you won't regret it!
Episode 4 – BDSM Baby Steps
This week, we're still working on getting listeners up to speed on our story. We're talking about all of the various milestones and moments that led us to our current dynamic. Join us!
Episode 3 – Respec
If you are a video gamer, you may be familiar with the concept of a respec during a playthrough (as in respecification.) You advance down one particular skill tree as you level up and grow, but sometimes you realize that the path you are on isn't quite the one you want to be on anymore. Luckily, in a video game, you can often just start over, reallocating your points to different skills or stats to build out your character in the direction you want to go. In real life, it's a little harder.
In this episode, we're talking about some of the curveballs life has thrown at us, and how we adjusted (and are adjusting) our kink lifestyle to fit. Join us!
Episode 2 – Our First Event
Last week, we spent some time introducing ourselves and our plan for the Kinkquest.org community. This week, we wanted to get rolling with the fun stuff, so it seemed like a good place to start might be our first sex party.
We took our first steps into the sex community at swing parties, which were really fun for us in many ways, and not a great fit in others. We talk about what we saw, what we did, and what we learned in this episode of KinkQuest. Join us and hear all about our adventures, then drop by the community and tell us all about yours!