Do you want to know what the secret sauce is of the most successful Nordic SaaS companies? This show follows founders and leaders of the most prominent Nordic SaaS companies on their way to global success. Learn from their GoTo-Market strategies, how they scale, build winning teams and products. If you are a SaaS founder or leader looking for tips and tricks from the best in class founders and companies then this is a show for you. Direct, informal and to the point discussions with a great level of hands on advice for the listeners. The show is brought to you by two experienced SaaS professionals, Daniel Nackovski, Vice President Sales, inRiver and Thomas Sjöberg, Director Strategic Alliances, Apptus.
57. Jessica Gilmartin, Head of Revenue Marketing, Asana - Demand Generation - how do you build a business case and how do you get started?
In this episode we speak with, Jessica Gilmartin, Head of Revenue Marketing, Asana, the Workflow Management Solution with over 131.000 paying customers around the world!We talk with Jessica about her experience in scaling Demand Generation at companies and specifically:
- How do you build a business case to focus on this internally? - What are the key components of a Demand Gen organization?- How do you measure and define success, which are key KPIs to track?- How to allocate a budget for demand generation vs other initiatives?
These are some of the questions that Jessica addresses, tune in to learn what it takes to scale your Demand Generation operations!
56. Mikael Johnsson General Partner, Oxx & Ola Sars. CEO. Soundtrack your brand - Why is it important to build for Go-To-Market-Fit before scaling?
In this 2nd episode in a 3-series show on the lifecycle of a B2B SaaS company, we bring in the investor and operator to measure up! In this episode, we focus on Go-To-Market fit!We talk to Mikael Johnsson Co-Founder and General Partner, Oxx, and Ola Sars, Founder, and CEO of Soundtrack your brand on some of the following topics:- What is Go-To-Market Fit? How is it defined?- How do you measure it, and how do you know if you have established a GTM fit?- What are the main GTM fit accelerators to work on?- Which GTM motion shall prevail?
Tune in to listen in on how the practitioner and investors look at all of these questions and see how well that aligns with your own perspective!
55. Jesper Frederiksen, Vice President & GM International, Lacework - How do you prioritize markets when going international?
In this episode we speak with, Jesper Frederiksen, Vice President & GM International, Lacework, the fast-growing data-driven security platform for the cloud. We talk with Jesper about his experience in scaling B2B SaaS companies and specifically:
- When are you ready to go International? What is the main tell?- What should be included in an international GTM playbook?- How do you need to think about Sales Capacity when expanding internationally? - How do you find a balance between central setup and local presence?These are some of the questions that Jesper addresses, tune in to learn what it takes to scale internationally from a commercial perspective!
54. Heta Ruikka, VP Product Management, Sievo - How do you take over product leadership from the founders?
In this episode we speak with, Heta Ruikka, VP of Product Management, Sievo, the procurement analytics solution based out of Finland for data-driven enterprises!We talk with Heta about how to make the transition from a founder-owned product strategy to a product strategy that is owned by the VP of Product:
- When is the right time to make this transition? - What are the biggest signs for this?- What does it take to make a transition from a Founder-led product to a process-driven product approach?- What are some of the key challenges to be aware of and to overcome in this transition?- How do you ensure to keep the founders involved and engaged as contributors, and not as main decision makers?These are some of the questions that Heta addresses, and if you are a VP of Product or CPO that will take over the product strategy from a founding team soon, then you've got to tune in to learn all how to navigate such a transition!
53. Carl Silbersky , Former CEO, BimObject - What it’s like to be a listed SaaS business from a CEO perspective!
In this episode we speak with, Carl Silbersky, Former CEO, BimObject, the SaaS Platform that provides architects and engineers with the information and inspiration they need to design buildings faster, smarter and greener.We talk with Carl about his experience running a publicly listed business and what the pros and cons are of doing so:
- Why should you consider listing- When should you go public- Were there any initial surprises/unexpected events when becoming a listed company- What are the differences between being a listed company vs a non-listed company- How do you manage the dialogue with the owners when being a public companyThese are some of the questions that Carl addresses, tune in to learn more from his journey running a listed SaaS company!
52. George Brontén, CEO & Founder, Membrain - How do you go from founder-led sales to a scalable sales machine!
In this episode, we speak with George Brontén, CEO & Founder, Membrain, the Sales Enablement CRM platform focusing on driving results by emphasizing the right behavior in your sales teams. We talk with George about the journey of going from a founder-led sales setup to a professional and scalable sales organization.
- When is the right time to make this transition, what is the trigger point- Who should your first hire be, leader or individual contributor- What is key in this recruitment process- What are the do's and don'ts in this type of a transition These are some of the questions that George addresses, tune in to learn how you also can make this transition as smooth as possible.