We are Instructional Technology teachers who love to learn, share, and grow with techology.
Visit our blog at www.itbabble.com
Episode 187 - Snow Days
1) Snow day and football
2) How can we be independent from big tech companies?
a) Independent hosting services GoDaddy, Blue Host
3) Teachers teaching from home
a) What they wanted vs what they got
4) Blue Yeti Microphone
5) YouTube Playlist
a) Great for collecting, sharing and collaborating on resources
Episode 186 - Impressive - most impressive
1) Happy holidays
a) Tony’s advice - Unplug from the media/social networks
b) Read eBooks on your smartphone
2) Covid updates
a) Back to SCHOOL in Indy!
3) Adios Adobe Flash by Patrick Cauley
b) Patrick’s trip into Flash gaming
3) Apple’s new MacBooks with the M1
a) Why shouldn’t schools go this route?
b) Apple has better updates
4) Streaming to the next level!
b) Lord Vader knows all about bandwidth, jitter and latency
Episode 185 - Rants
1) Patrick’s new phone (coming soon)
2) Distance yourself from tech and social media for your own health
3) Wordpress.com block editor - Rant
4) Chromebook camera failures
a) Chrome OS update
b) Doesn’t affect all Chromebooks
c) Alt + V Zoom work around
5) Record All Online Meetings with Apple OSX by Tony DePrato
a) Stay away
b) Review by Patrick Cauley
c) Tony is incapable of drawing a triangle
7) Big Sur issues
8) Ordering Chromebook loophole
a) Dell Chromebooks
b) Enterprise Chromebooks as an option
Episode 184 - HIFLEX
Patrick interviews Tony DePrato about his HIFLEX set up in the classroom.
HIFLEX is a term that refers to students who are in the classroom and also at home and both are learning synchronously.
Tony utilizes iPads and a few other items and tools to bring this affordable solution to life.
Episode 183 - Damn Fine Cans
1) Back at school in a COVID world
a) Tony’s motto: “You have to think of every student as a virtual student that occasionally comes to school and if you do that your planning will fit every scenario.”
b) GoGuardian: https://www.goguardian.com
c) Cisco Umbrella: https://security.umbrella.com
2) Why your online streaming is bad and mine is good
a) iPad solution
b) Euro Mic Stand with Klip
c) Disable iPad audio
d) DJ Podiums
e) iPad is a “person” in the meeting
3) Virtual Parent Conferences
b) Prep with teachers and parents
c) Google Meet deadline - Sept
ember 20, 2020
4) Streaming in the Classroom - Final verdict!
a) Windows schools - Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter
b) Mac schools - Apple TV
c) BYOD schools - BenQ Instashow/Barco WePresent
Episode 181 - Zoom
Happy Easter/Spring Break
b) Zoom and privacy
c) Zoom alternative
e) Zoom Basic (non-compliance) vs.
f) Zoom K-12 (FERPA, COPPA, HIPPA compliant)
2) Cybersecurity Part 5 - Where Did Your Resources
3) Graduation 2020?
a)July in person graduation
b) What does a virtual graduation look like?
c) Not popular
d) Not a good product
e) Think about music, time, speeches
Customer ReviewsSee All
Very entertaining and informative! I enjoy this show very much. Too many podcasts are dull and monotone, but these guys have passion!