Rob recently transitioned from the Army in 2020, and one of his passions is mentorship and providing people insights and lessons learned without having to actually going through the struggle. Your transition from service or from your current employment can be daunting and scary. You are not alone. Rob interviews people of various backgrounds to give you insights on the transition landscape.
PFFL -RRR#4 -Four Categories
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6768508873612500992/ - Four Categories of Soldiers/People
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6772999797008822273/ - Field Marshal Moltke- Four officer Attribute Matrix
PFFL - Rapid Fire Resources - #3
This is going to be a lot of resources so please hold on and bookmark this episode.
EP#1 - https://www.neuroflow.com/
EP#2www.facebook.com/AmericanTwisterManufacturing/ and www.pompUSA.org-
EP#4 -https://adventuresnleadership.com/ and https://www.udemy.com/user/tom-coyle-2/
EP#5 - (https://www.vetsmakeit.com/).
EP#17 - https://yournexstage.org/
EP#18 - https://www.combinedarms.us/
EP#19 - https://chosenjoe.com/
EP#21 - www.battlerattle.us, https://patriotbootcamp.org/ , https://www.vettoceo.org/
EP#23 - https://chwbonline.com/find-a-doctor/brian-trainor/
EP#24 - https://ccmanagement.group/, https://businessbridgeasia.com/
EP#25 - https://www.fayettevillepropertybrokers.com/ and @soldbyjocelyn
EP#26 - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/veteranomarpacheco
EP#28 - (https://vitatech.co/).
PFFL-#28- I Got Laid Off
Rob discusses some recent changes in his life due to a layoff from a job.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rrobinsonii/ - If you have specific questions or topics that you would like for me to cover as we move forward in 2021. I would love to hear you thoughts.
PFFL-#27-Lilly Long of Vita Inclinata Technologies
Rob catches up with Lilly Long , The Chief of Staff at Vita Inclinata technologies (https://vitatech.co/). We talked about her transition and how she end up working for Vita Inclinata. Thanks again for the time. Her book recommendation was "How to win Friends and Influence People" - Dale Carnegie (https://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034)
We mentioned the '95 Incident in Ranger School - https://www.nytimes.com/1995/03/03/us/a-night-of-confusion-and-fear-in-which-4-army-ranger-candidates-died.html
Mount Hood helicopter crash -https://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=91607&page=1#:~:text=May%2030%2C%202002%20%2D%2D%20A,%2C%20earlier%20today%2C%20police%20said.
Rob quickly covers another book from his transition library. " The Proximity Principle" by Ken Coleman. Another great resource.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kvp-xviiP8 - From the Author himself.
https://jsilva.blog/2020/05/25/proximity-principle-summary/ - Great summary and a book review.
Key Questions from the book and the Blog
Who do I need to know?
Where do I need to be?
What do I need to start doing?
Will you help me?
Who else do you recommend I should sit with?
What do you think I should do next?
Lilly Hoffer is up next from Vita Inclinata -https://vitatech.co/
PFFL-#26 Veteran Pacheco
This episode was a treat for me. Being able to catch up with Veteran Pacheco. He has a great transition story and and even better work ethic. He has a book coming out soon and is always looking to support a fellow veteran.
1. My name is Veteran Pacheco and I am a Realtor that specializes only in our Veteran Community. I was an infantryman for 6 years with 1-28 IN "Black Lions" I am bold, fearless, obsessed and love taking the path never traveled. For example, I don't know another agent crazy enough to be licensed in two states. I cover Kansas and Texas, which is crazy and never done. Lastly, Veteran Pacheco is my legal name (BOOM)
2. I ETS'd on June 23, 2016. I wanted to ETS earlier, but 1SG McGuire pleaded for me to re enlist for Afghanistan. As you know Afghanistan was not an easy deployment for all of us, and I came home determined to get out and spend time with my family. During my active duty enlistments, I would help so many Soldiers through the buying or selling process. (since everyone knew I was in real estate for 10 years prior to enlisting) Foreclosure rate was through the roof around Fort Riley, along with the suicide rate. I decided to fight these horrible stats by changing the way our Veteran Community is represented during a transaction. I sprung into action and I have made a difference in thousands of Military's families.
3. I am a Realtor, Transitioning coach through Hire Heroes, Author and a battle buddy for all who have ever served.
4. Stepping on grass, walking while talking on the phone and calling lunch chow! LOL The hardest part of transitioning was finding the right employer or work environment. Finishing my Bachelors and Masters Degree at the same time as branding my new consumer experience!
5. It took a lot for me to finally embrace all the local haters, since I managed to be a top 3 agent within the first year in Kansas.
I would love for you to promote my book that I will self publish in the 1st quarter of 2021 called " Fire Power" 10 steps to transition from the Military with success. 100% of the proceeds will go to a non profit organization that is doing phenomenal things for our disabled Veterans. (operation pay it forward) https://opif4ourvets.org/