News and Views from the Myst community
TCT X: Myst 20th Anniversary Special
To Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Myst, The Cavern Today is proud to present this special podcast, featuring:
* Cavern News with Dalken Starbyne* D’Lanor – “Stream of Unconsciousness”* Special Retrospective TCT Talk* Jeff Wise – “Gardens of Bandam”* Return of the TCT Mad Lib
This will be TCT’s final podcast for the time being – We will continue maintaining the website and its archives, but the production team will be taking an indefinite hiatus to focus on other projects. Thank you for your support over the years, and shorah!
Background music featured in this podcast by Jack Wall, LCC, and Robyn Miller.
The Cavern Today 9: Open Source
Our first podcast in over a year features:
* Skit* TCT Talk:* URU is Open Source* CyanWorlds.com Engine* Fan Run MO:ULa based server list* “State of the URU” – our thoughts on Uru and the impact it’s had on us and on our greater gaming experiences / lives.* Myst and Riven on iPad* Playing Uru on your tablet via Splashtop2* The Smithsonian American Art Museum’s The Art of Video Games added Myst last year* Musical Piece: Jeff Wise, “The Way Things Are”* Mowog Thought
The Cavern Today 8: Rewarding the Player
* TCT Talk:* MOULagain- one year later.* The hacker hoods and the related story* iRiven was recently released for iPhone.* Myst in the Smithsonian Institution’s American Art Museum’s “The Art of Video Games” exhibit.* All about Revelation: What worked, what didn’t . . .* “Kuusisto” – Musical piece by Maurus* Mowog Thought
The Cavern Today: Episode 7
Our Podcast for the December 2010 holiday season features a TCT Talk, discussing:
* F.E.A.R. 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops are being shepherded by other developers NOT those who created the franchises. We’ve had Myst III and IV… Is the original developer necessary to carry the torch of a franchise?* The future of PC gaming according to Ken Levine* Valve / Steam killing the PC gaming market* iRiven submitted to Apple* Open Source Kinect drivers released* Spike Video Game Awards (VGAs), what games are you stoked about?
…and, a musical piece by Jeff Wise.
The Cavern Today: Episode 6
This episode, we cover:
* GoG went down, but it’s BACK* 3DS Launch date confirmed, features downloadable Game Boy games.* World of Warcraft – Patch 4.0.1 – Pre-Cataclysm* Wing!?!?! Stop hacking!* MineCraft* Black Mesa… Why hasn’t Valve snatched up this company and made this project official?* Beyond Good & Evil HD Re-release* Myst Movie finds a Partner (For real this time.)* Microsoft wants to challenge Steam Link
Also featuring: The Mowog Thought and a musical piece by Maurus, entitled ‘Ver Calidus’.
The Cavern Today: Episode 5
Our TCT Talk-centric fifth podcast discusses the following topics:
* “Bought The Cyan Complete Pack on Steam” Bevin.* Sholek’s Temple Link* Starry Expanse Project https://www.starryexpanse.com/* Cyan’s Stoneship announced Link* iRiven site launched Link* iMyst and iRiven on Android? Cyan says maybe Link* The Manhole for iOS* Medal of Honor Link* Duke Nukem Forever actually being prepared to be released? Link* Video Games Live CD / DVD / Blu-ray October 19th Link
Keep this up!
Myst fans and URU fans need this podcast! Listen to it! Keep up the good work!
This is one of the best podcasts ever. I love it. I highly recommend it to anybody interested in the Myst series of games, or a big fan of Uru. It rocks. Keep up the good work guys. :)
Excellent Podcast for Uru
These podcasts is exactly what every URU fan should be listening to.