Two successful, charming, and funny writers: Dan Marzullo, leader of an award-winning team of marketers, content experts, and PR professionals alongside Terry Schilling, copywriter and brand messaging strategist tackle topics including copywriting, content marketing, freelance tips, and more. With surprise guests making appearances every once in a while, you won't want to miss these comical, life-changing episodes.
The Compelling Website Copy Checklist
In today's episode of The Copy Corner, Dan and Terry talk about website copy and how to not sound like everyone else in your industry.
Four Copy Tips to Help Your Landing Page Convert
In today's episode of The Copy Corner, Dan & Terry talk about a few more copy crimes to never commit on your home page and landing pages.
How to Smash Through Writer's Block
We kick off with a note from a book called “How to Write a Lot” by Dr. Paul J. Silva, which asserts that many psychologists believe writer’s block isn’t a matter of lack of inspiration, but a lack of discipline (All about hot takes here🔥).
Like all our freelancer and business owner followers, we’ve both experienced "writer’s block" from time to time.
Here are some ways to smash through it and get back to creating your best work:
1. Mix up your working environment. Write from a different part of your home or a coffee shop.
2. Carve out dedicated time each day to write. What time of day is up to you when you write best. Keep it consistent.
3. Dan says Caffeine! Get that comfort and energy before writing with a cup of coffee or tea in preparation.
4. Get personal. Infuse the personal with professional—starting a piece around something you're reading or watching, or share a personal story.
5. Move! If you’re staring at a blank page, go for a walk or hit the gym to get ideas flowing.
What tips do you have to break through your own writer’s block?
How to Get New Traffic to Your Content
When is the last time you updated your best-performing piece of content?
On this episode of The Copy Corner, we share our best tips to help you refresh your content so you can drive new traffic and potential customers to your brand.
Learn our favorite techniques and tools to help so you save time and keep the content and traffic flowing!
What to Charge for Copywriting Services
Ever stress about what to charge for your writing or freelance services?
How much to charge for your services is one of the most challenging things service providers do.
If you're not a little nervous or uncomfortable sending a proposal, you're most likely undercharging. And don't worry if you're not at making $50-100/hour yet—it takes time but you can get there.
We often get caught up wanting to accurately charge our services, but the key is to CONFIDENTLY charge your services.
If you struggle with what to charge as a service provider and freelancer, here's some helpful advice and a quick formula from the latest episode of The Copy Corner.
Be sure to listen to the full episode as we lay down honest advice and stories of what you need to know to confidently charge.
How to Get Started with Keyword Research for Free
Do you like soft pretzels?
Do you want to learn tips on how to get started with keyword research for free?
Then you'll enjoy this new episode of The Copy Corner.
Dan and Terry go through the basics of getting started with keyword research for your content and use "soft pretzels" as an example to make it less intimidating.
1. Two things you need to know and have before searching
2. The best free tools to use
3. The differences between seed keywords and long-tail keyword phrases
4. How to find keywords with low search volume to rank higher
5. The big mistake to avoid when trying to rank on page 1
6. And what you can learn from a free Google Search of "How to make soft pretzels?"
We covered a lot in less than 12 minutes, so be sure to listen to the full episode, share, and subscribe!
After listening for a first time, it was refreshing hearing someone give advice about written content. I look forward learning more from your show.
I just found you guys and love all the tips! I'm excited to keep listening!
Quick, highly actionable tips from two pros
Dan and Terry bring two unique personalities and schools of thought together in these small, but mighty episodes packed with highly actionable tips for those in content and copywriting areas, respectively. Highly recommend!