The intersection of discipleship, culture, and leadership, all through the way of Jesus.
Love Your Enemies
Some of the things Jesus called us to do are non-negotiable- perhaps one of the most difficult being "loving your enemies.” In today's episode, Mike Patz talks with Joel Searby about what it really means to love our enemies biblically in today’s world. This episode will challenge the polarized thoughts the world has about who you might think your enemy truly is. Be ready to think, then love.
Gospel Justice in 2020 | Dr. Eric Mason
Where did the word “Woke” originate from? Dr. Eric Mason & Pastor Mike Patz sit down for a much needed conversation on the role of the church in the wake of systemic racism and divisive culture.
Racism | Diversity | Unity
In a time when the world is facing unprecedented challenges, Greenhouse Movement leader Mike Patz joins Pastors Joel Romelus and Jon Lash for an open discussion on our racial climate in the first episode of season two of the Greenhouse Movement Podcast. They dive into the injustices currently facing our nation, and how we, as the body of Christ, are meant to acknowledge each other’s suffering and bring substantial change that embodies the love of God.
Perspective with President Fuchs
Dr. Kent Fuchs, President of the University of Florida, discusses the realities of leadership and models how to develop a tone across a diverse community of students and faculty.
Jesus & Justice
Doing justice means more than just doing the “right thing”. Pastor Mike and Maru Opabola share candidly together about how a disciple's heart tethered to Jesus can’t help but live out his justice.
References + Resources:
Generous Justice by Tim Keller
The New Jim Crow
Discipleship | Part 2
Pastor Mike and his good friend Pastor Robbie continue the crucial conversation on discipleship by sharing what it means to Live Green.
Our call is to be disciple makers!
This is a powerful podcast. Mike Patz does a wonderful job at reminding us what we are called to do ... to be disciple makers, change makers, lovers of peace and justice. Thank you!
Jesus & Justice.... That was awesome!!! Thank you for putting this out there! Sharing sharing sharing!! I am so excited to be a part of this amazing movement for Christ! Yessss!
Perspective with President of UF
I loved the first two episodes about biblical discipleship and keeping the main thing the main thing.
That’s why I was so disappointed with this episode.
- The president cannot compare his role as an administrator of UF to pastoring the people of God for the kingdom of God.
- Connecting students to the greater community of Gator Nation rather than the church cannot be the goal of any Christian.
- Is there a burning desire to see students come to a saving knowledge of God the Father?
- As a Christian, where is the fruit of his faith, besides allowing others the freedom to speak about Christ?
- How is he actively and openly pushing back on the sexuality and gender issues, premarital sex, drinking, drugs and bullying?
- Evolution and Intelligent Design: how are doing with educating our children?
- Is he supposed to represent how a disciple function in the world today? Or was there another point to the episode?
I am writing this because I am concerned about the direction of the podcast and that I maybe missing something.