The latest sermons and messages from the team at Christ First, Watford. We're a church who believes in putting 'Christ First', Transforming Lives, and Building Community.
Encounters with the Holy Spirit
Guest Speaker Dale Barlow preached today a powerful message about 'encounters with the Holy Spirit, listen to him share personal encounters that can help shape lives.
What's on the Menu
Marion Knell preached from Acts 15 ‘What’s on the Menu’? in our series INVITED. She shared this quote:
‘Every culture in the world is foreign to someone. At first it’s scary, then irritating, then maddening. To survive you have to grab it, fall in love with it and make it yours. God understands. He did it too.’
What are the challenges we face?
What resources are at our disposal? Songs, instruments, downloads, welcome materials, languages
How can we get involved in the communities around us? Language classes, visiting, work with children, special events, warm spaces
The Elephant at the Table
Aaron McGovern brings today sermon from the series 'Invited' - The Elephant at the Table, Reading from Acts 9:10-22 Aaron asks:
Who can you trust?
What is trust?
How do we trust?
Lessons to learn:
Meet people where they are
He concluded with:
- Will you take a risk to trust and be vulnerable?
- Will you meet people where they are, like Jesus did?
Every one has a place at the table
Aaron preached on Acts 10:1-48 'Every one has a place at the table' part 3 of our invited series.
Lessons to learn:
- I shouldn’t be here…
- Humility before one another
- Recognise God’s bigger picture
Do you know that you have a place at the table?
Do you know that God is drawing and inviting others to their seats?
Guest speaker Tom Head brilliantly demonstrated in his preach that everyone is invited, in part 3 of our invited series.
The World at My Table
Andy Smith preached today from Acts 8:26-38
1. Personal evangelism is a critical part of God’s plan to take the gospel to the ends of the earth.
2. Crossing cultural, political, racial, status and financial divides is a critical part of God’s plan to take the gospel to the ends of the earth… or it would never have reached these shores.
3. We… in explaining and sharing Jesus are a critical part of God’s plan to take the gospel to the ends of the earth.