Soumaya Keynes (The Economist) and Chad P. Bown (Peterson Institute for International Economics) cohost a podcast about the economics of international trade and policy. From trade wars to trade deals, this podcast covers trade developments with insights and economic analysis from two of the world's top trade geeks.
147. What’s in the new EU-UK trade deal? Brexperts explain
The EU and UK announce their long-awaited trade agreement formalizing Brexit. What is covered, and what is still to be negotiated.
146. Semiconductors and US export bans – from Huawei to SMIC
How and why the United States is banning exports of semiconductors, software and tools to some of the world’s largest companies.
145. Xinjiang’s forced labor, supply chains, and trade sanctions
Concerns escalate that forced labor and other crimes against humanity are taking place in Xinjiang, China.
144. Trade policy transitions, with Ambassador Susan Schwab
From tariff leverage to trade deals, a former USTR explains how the baton is handed from one American administration to the next.
143. RCEP – Separating fact from friction
China, Japan, South Korea and 12 other Asian countries finally signed that mega-trade deal. Here’s what’s in it.
142. Can Biden Make Trade Boring Again?
The incoming US administration inherits a big trade agenda. Who will lead it and how much of it will they do?
Customer ReviewsSee All
BEST PODCAST OUT THERE
Super informative and entertaining, while extremely captivating. Would recommend always.
Same elitist attitude in these 2 that undermines what they argue for