Our goal is to educate our listeners about sports performance training, recovery, nutrition and general fitness questions.
Train 2 Perform - Dr. Joe Eisenmann - Episode #21
All about long term athletic development!
Train 2 Perform - Derek Hansen - Episode #20
We discuss a number of a different topics that include:
When youth athletes should start training for speed and why it is important to start early.
Important drills for youth all the way up to pro athletes should be focusing on
Soccer Specific fitness
and much more!
Please leave feedback and review if you enjoy!
Train 2 Perform - Tyler Spence - Episode #19
We talk to Tyler Spence, who is the Strength and Conditioning coach at Limestone University.
He also spent time at Salisbury University and the University of Maryland when he did his graduate program
We discuss how he is managing to work with his teams with the current situation we are in as a country
We talk about plyometrics and speed training
and much more!
Train 2 Perform - Dr. Steve Fell - Episode #18
Steve Fell is currently the Performance Advisor for the Special Ops Command South, a Sports Scientist for US Soccer and a consult for a number of different University soccer programs.
We go over a number of different topics including:
-why soccer players should participate in a strength program throughout the year
-the difference between game fitness and fitness outside of the game
-development of youth soccer player through each stage, youth to college to pro.
-a much more!
Train 2 Perform - Ben Hoffman - Episode #17
Ben is the UMD men's soccer strength coach. We talk about the current situation with the pandemic and no fall season but we also cover more soccer related content.
-strength program for a freshman/ new player
-what data are you collecting
- what is conditioning for the players look like
-what is the off-season look like
-How often are players training during the season, off-season and pre-season.
Train 2 Perform - Dr. Mike Young- Episode #16
- Mike's journey to where he is now. At the athletic lab and working with college and professional athletes
- How he is able to blend his background of track with soccer and helping soccer athletes becomes faster and powerful
- Difference between working with professional men's team and women's team
- Long term athletic development (gave a great example about his own daughter)
- "Soccer Fitness" (what they should be exposed to)
- How often to do speed work and the amount
Learn more about Mike's business: