Dale Peterson interviews the innovators in ICS / SCADA cyber security as well as the top talent in related fields. It is the podcast for those who want more information similar to what is presented at the annual S4 event each January in Miami South Beach.
Moody's: Cyber Risk and Credit Ratings
On the latest #unsolicitedresponse show I talk with Jim Hempstead, Managing Director of Moody's Global Project & Infrastructure Finance Group with Moody's Investors Service, about OT Cyber Risk and how this impacts Credit Ratings.
- What Moody's does and what became of the cyber risk effort at Moody's owned Visible Risk
- Moody's analysis of cyber insurance market including some cyber loss ratio numbers
- Why Moody's believes USG disclosure and regulations are "Credit Positive"
- Why Moody's has electric, gas and water utilities as "very high risk" in their heat map (despite minimal loss data)
And more. Several times in the show Dale asks Jim to explain some terms.
Sept 2022 - ICS Security Month In Review
Dale Peterson gives his thoughts on the top 3 ICS security stories in Sept 2022, and he gives his wins, fails, and predictions for the month.
The Water Sector (Uniqueness, Cloud, Oldsmar, NERC CIP)
On this episode of the Unsolicited Response show, Dale Peterson is joined by Kevin Morley of the American Water Works Association and Joel Cox of West Yost Associates to talk about ICS security and the Water Sector.
- what makes the water sector unique?
- does this uniqueness lead to early and better use of the cloud for operations?
- how did the community deal with Oldsmar?
- why in the world would the water sector want to follow the NERC CIP model?
SBOM ... Challenge & Thoughts
Dale Peterson shares his thoughts on SBOMS in OT in three main areas:
1) The S4 SBOM Challenge ... it's three goals and what we hope to learn from it.
2) Near term, now and for the next 2 years, wins for asset owners and SBOMs.
3) What will determine the winners in the SBOM marketplace, early analysis.
S4x23 Hotel Info
Dale's SBOM Content Page
David Whitehead Interviews Dale on Schweitzer Drive
The tables were turned as David Whitehead of SEL interviewed Dale Peterson on Dave's Schweitzer Drive show.
- How Dale got into cybersecurity and the ICS security world
- How has the threat and security posture changed in the last 10 or 20 securities
- Dale's view on the core problem that is not being addressed and the wasted resources being applied to good security practice rather than risk
- What areas of ICS security research Dale is most excited about
- And a bit about S4
Schweitzer Drive Podcast
August - ICS Security Month In Review
In this solosode, Dale Peterson gives his thoughts on three stories from August as well as a win and fail for the month. Stories this month:
South Staffs water hack and opportunity for water sector Lloyds market bulletin overreaction vis-a-vis cyber war exclusions QNX forensics tool
Entertaining, insightful and actionable! 👏
Whether you’re well established as a cyber security innovator, or just getting started carving out your niche - this is a must-listen podcast for you! Dale does an incredible job leading conversations that cover a huge breadth of topics related to the ins and outs of building a thriving career in the InfoSec industry, and life you can be proud of - from leaders who’ve actually experienced success themselves. Highly recommend listening and subscribing!
Helpful Material and Discussion on ICS Security
Dale has a great voice for radio and his production quality is excellent. The content is, IMHO, the best out there as far describing and debating the state of ICS security and where we need to go next.
Thoughtful conversations with knowlegeable people about the state of ICS security today and where it's heading.