IPA Executive Director John Roskam and former Prime Minister the Hon Tony Abbott AC discuss the Australian way of life, the challenges it confronts, and how our country can continue to provide widespread opportunity and prosperity.
Australia's Future with Tony Abbott and John Roskam: Episode Three
Former Prime Minister Tony Abbott talks with John Roskam about what makes the Australian way of life unique and valuable. Mr Abbott and John discuss the meaning of classic Australian characteristics like the fair go and mateship, and why they are still relevant today, before going on to talk about the interaction of economic and cultural issues affecting mainstream Australia play out in our politics, and what normal people can do to keep our country strong and prosperous. If you enjoyed this discussion, please subscribe, and consider becoming a member of the Institute of Public Affairs, which you can do at ipa.org.au/join
Australia's Future with Tony Abbott and John Roskam: Episode Two
Former Prime Minister Tony Abbott talks with John Roskam about some of the challenges facing our country and how they can be overcome. Tony and John talk about the recent wave of iconoclasm that has followed the Black Lives Matter protests and why it is a mistake to condemn Australia, one of the fairest and most prosperous countries in the world, as fundamentally racist. They discuss the cultural and historical illiteracy that underpins this imported critique and the failure of the political class and other elites to push back against it.This is the second episode in a three-part discussion about the future of the Australian way of life. Episode 3 will be released on 30 July. If you liked this podcast, please conisder becoming an IPA Member. Details here: https://ipa.org.au/join
Australia's Future with Tony Abbott and John Roskam: Episode One
In this first episode, Tony and John discuss some of the economic and cultural implications of the coronavirus pandemic. They note that politicians have been trying to duck accountability for their decisions by hiding behind the experts, and Australians seem to have gone along – so far. This raises the question of whether we have seen equality of sacrifice in the struggle against the virus, and why politicians and senior public servants should take a pay cut for the duration of the crisis. More broadly, the pandemic has taken place amid the rise of the “talking class” and the decline of the “doing class”. The reasons for this trend are discussed, along with what can be done to restore economic opportunity and confidence in our institutions and way of life.
Customer ReviewsSee All
Mr Abbott come back we need you
Please Mr Abbott return for a decade of Menzies prosperity...we need a Jesuit to spring clean the pseudo christianity we are being fed🙃we need a patron to guide & support our Aboriginal communities & steer them away from the aggregious theft of our constitution, God given rights-freedoms & sanity...and the belief of division...1 law 1 peoples is being eroded by power-grabbing maniacs👀we need a REAL leader for all Australians...and you sir are the only tested ( even though a few months!) sucess warrior who we can trust👍🥰now we see & endure the hidden face of communism/trotsky/stalinism in real time...and there is a silent majority who will back you 77,777% if only you will come back for a 2nd come back🥳we understand that you are a family man...but Australia & her Judeo-Christian way of life is attacked & cannot stand for substandard band-aid-jobs...the risks are too great...hope I can make you think about coming back to politics...now that Australia’s enemies are blatantly out in the open...& many eyes have been opened...please come back🤗
Two smart crazies reeking of smugness who have absolutely no idea of what, in life, is important. The fact that 10% of their ramblings is good common sense only makes the situation worse — their often uncritical audience latches onto the 10% that makes sense and assumes the remaining 90% must make sense too. Not true, and the IPA continues to represent a serious threat to the quality of life of most Australians.
Listening to John and Tony speak is very inspirational at this difficult time. We are dealing with COVID-19, rampant marxists, China aggression, ... nice to think about the future in a positive way.