Being a Professional isn’t just about having a career and showing up in a suit... It's about much more. The PBC podcast will give you an insight into what it means to be a "professional". You will have the chance to hear from professionals across various fields and we will help you create your own definition of the word "professional" by hearing from these successful individuals who have defined it in their own way.
Student-to-Student Leadership Series: w/ Maria Sirounis
Our guest on this episode is Maria Sirounis. Maria is a recent graduate of Purdue University's Krannert School of Management. She majored in both Marketing and Management, and also received a Certificate of Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Currently she is part of the Orr Fellowship and is working at NCW in Indianapolis, IN.
Since Maria is a recent graduate and has started her career, she's able to talk about how her college experiences directly translate into her career. We discuss:
- Why she chose Marketing, Management, and Entrepreneurship/Innovation
- Her advice for college Freshmen/Sophmores looking to get involved on campus
- The importance of Soft Skills
- Why you should surround yourself with a motivating circle of friends
- All of her tips about getting involved and her biggest takeaways from her time as a student leader
Don't F*** This Up w/ Fred Stuvek Jr.
In this episode, we welcome back Fred Stuvek Jr. Chris and Fred talk all about how young people and college students should choose their majors, how to create their own career path, and how to navigate the ever-changing job market in the time of Covid.
They also discuss Fred's new book, "Don't F*** This Up: How To Get What You Want In Life".
Student-to-Student Leadership Series: w/ Liliana Briseno
Liliana is a junior at Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio, Texas.
She is majoring in biology, with a minor in psychology.
She’s also a Student Executive Leader for Student Leadership and Development Office AND, she plays soccer on the OLLU Women's soccer team.
And if there are any recruiters listening… Post-graduation or internship, interesting in Outpatient & Physical Therapy
Liliana has had a plethora of Student Leadership experiences and we get the pleasure of hearing her thoughts on:
- Why is Liliana so passionate about Physical Therapy, Biology, and Psychology?
- Why it’s important to get involved on campus?
- What are some tips for developing good study habits?
- The benefit of communicating with your professors?
- Her advice on knowing what you can handle.
- What’s her favorite way to unwind?
- Her favorite Romance titles?
Student-to-Student Leadership Series: w/ Kristen Day
Our guest on this episode of the "Student-To-Student Leadership Series" is Kristen Day. Kristen is a writer, video producer, performer, and encourager from Indianapolis, IN. She's a senior studying Marketing, Communication, and Acting at Purdue University.
Aside from her studies, Kristen is President of Purdue's only long-form improv comedy troupe, Ad Liberation, and will be joining Kohl's as a Marketing Strategy Coordinator after graduating in May 2021. She also writes for her blog at thekristenday.com.
Kristen has had a plethora of Student Leadership experiences and we get the pleasure of hearing her thoughts on:
- Why is Kristen so passionate about Marketing, Communication, and Acting?
- Why did she pursue a Leadership Role in Ad Liberation (Purdue's only long-form improv comedy troupe)?
- How would you describe Leadership Roles on college campus?
- Her advice for Freshmen navigating the Fall 2020 semester.
- Her advice and words of encouragement for PoC and women on college campuses.
- Advice on Quitting.
If you found this podcast helpful, we'd appreciate if you could take the time to leave us a review.
If you'd like to follow up with Kristen or continue the conversation, you can connect with her in the following ways:
Student-to-Student Leadership Series: w/ Nathan Surges
Our guest on this episode of the "Student-To-Student Leadership Series" is Nathan Surges. Nathan is a Senior at the great establishment Purdue University (pursuing a Bachelors of Science w/ a Major in Marketing & a minor in Psychology).
Nathan has had a plethora of Student Leadership experiences and we get the pleasure of hearing his thoughts on:
-Why he focuses so much of his energy on Sales & Leadership?
-12 mins Importance of Time Management for aspiring Student Leaders.
-Starting your day with having direction.
-Advice for College Freshman.
-Finding a Mentor.
-How to choose a Student Org.
-Biggest Accomplishment as a Student Leader.
-Biggest Takeaway as a Student Leader.
-The long-term benefits to being engaged in Student Organizations.
-Learning to say ‘no’ to things.
-Can he play a saxophone if he picked one up right now?
Student-to-Student Leadership Series: w/ Chloe Jenkins
Our guest on this episode of the "Student-To-Student Leadership Series" is Chloe Jenkins. Chloe is a Senior at the great establishment Purdue University (pursuing a Bachelors of Science w/ a Major in General Management & a concentration in Data Analytics through the Krannert School of Management).
Chloe has had a plethora of Student Leadership experiences and we get the pleasure of hearing her thoughts on:
- Why she chooses to focus on Leadership & Supply-Chain.
- Her advice to Freshmen/Sophomores about being a Leader on campus.
- Her advice to women who want to Lead on campus.
- How to find a woman mentor on campus.
- What she was surprised about her negative self-talk as a Freshman.
- Her realization that the world didn’t revolve around her “Women in Business” club.
- Why relationship-building shifted the way she Leads.
- Why it's important to empower & recognize other Leaders around her.
- How to be more approachable to others, as a Leader.
- Her biggest accomplishment & biggest takeaway as a Student Leader.
Informative and very helpful
This podcast includes insightful conversations with business experts that can help all of us be better professionals. We hear from industry experts talking about their respective fields and why they are good at what they do. I highly recommend this podcast to listeners looking for engaging conversations about business.
Authentic and Interesting
The wonderful thing about this world is that everyone has experiences that differ from ours and therefore sees the world from a different perspective. Chris is cultivating great content by sharing his unique experience as well as bringing on unique and interesting guests that you may not have found otherwise. It’s been a great podcast to listen to so far and I will continue to listen for as long as it’s in existence. Great job!
Useful & Professionally Done!
Each podcast made me think introspectively about my job and my private life. I listened to three podcasts and I like the fact that each one is quite different from the others. I highly recommend listening to this series for self-analysis & personal improvement.