和Emily一起练口语(附中英双语字幕)

【口语版】“没完没了;唠唠叨叨”英语怎么说?

欢迎关注微信公众号:英语主播Emily
在微信公众号里回复:课程
即可获得10节精品视频学习课程
全面提高听力,发音,口语
帮你告别哑巴英语 一步步开口“说”英语

A: Mom, can I please get a puppy? All my friends have one!

妈妈,我能养只小狗吗?我的朋友们都有!

B: We've been over this. I don't want to hear you go on and on about it every single day. It's a huge responsibility.

我们已经谈过这个问题了。我不想听你整天没完没了地唠叨这件事。养宠物责任重大。

A: But I promise I'll take care of it! You go on and on about how I need to learn responsibility—well, this is how!

但我保证我会照顾好它的!你整天唠叨着说我需要学会负责任——你看,这不就是(学会负责的)办法嘛!

B: Don't turn this around on me. The answer is no, and if you go on and on about it, you'll be grounded.

别把这回事怪到我头上。答案是不行,如果你再为这事没完没了,你就要被禁足了。

⭐go on and on (about...)

没完没了地谈论某事,絮絮叨叨

He went on and on for an hour. I nearly fell asleep.

他没完没了地说了一个小时。我差点睡着了。

She's always going on and on about her new car.

她总是没完没了地唠叨她的新车。

I'm sorry, but he goes on and on and on about his golf game. It's so boring!

抱歉,但他会极其没完没了地讲他的高尔夫球赛。太无聊了!

He went on and on about how difficult his job is.

他絮絮叨叨地说他的工作有多难。

⭐We've been over this.

我们已经详细讨论/检查/处理过这件事了。

You don't need to explain the rules again. We've been over this many times.

你不需要再解释规则了。我们已经反复讨论过好几次了。

I know how you feel, but we've been over this already. The decision is final.

我知道你的感受,但我们已经谈过这件事了。决定是最终的了。

⭐sb be grounded

父母对子女(通常是青少年或儿童)的一种惩罚方式,即“禁足”。

If you don't finish your homework, you'll be grounded.

如果你不完成作业,你就会被禁足。

She can't come to the movie because she is grounded for a week.

她不能来看电影,因为她被禁足一周。