A window into my journey of learning to be authentic and live my life wholeheartedly and un-apologetically. I do not have all the answers but I do know that it's important for us to know that we are not alone. Life is unpredictable and messy, but it is also a beautiful opportunity for us to "seize the day" and stop believing all the lies that we have been told. My hope is that through my stories people will feel seen and empowered to build the life that they want.
"Life Lessons from Shiloh" - and how she changed me forever
- What life was like for me as a 14-year-old when I bought Shiloh
- Frustration with not knowing how to get Shiloh to walk peacefully
- Reading a Pat Parelli book and my world opening-up
- Realizing I had become too focused on the tasks and stopped focusing on the relationship
- The change from it being about "what" I could do with my horse to "who" I could be for my horse
- Story of how Shiloh told me it was time for her to go
- How Shiloh led me to start my nonprofit "Freedom For The Taking"
- "The near enemy of love is attachment...True love allows, honors, and appreciates; attachment grasps, demands, needs, and aims to possess." Brene Brown
Why Are We Rushing To Slow Down? (and cool facts about Finland:)
- Windy welcome while huddled in the corner of the horse trailer
- Revelation from an impatient driver on the road
- Story of my friend who works miserably in exchange for a future she may never get
- Bumper sticker that sums it all up
- Why are we buying the lie that we have to hustle?
- Happiest countries in the world report and facts!
- Why Finns are so freaking happy
- Learning to cherish my son sleeping on my couch
- My "Slow Down Culture" list that I am implementing in my own life
"Dear Future Me"
- This episode was recorded while the local news station, KSN 4 States News, filmed me to use for my interview today!
- Today I read through my newly written list titled "Future Me" that I am going to use as my life guide from now on
- Here are the bullet points to my "Future Me" list. It is written as if I am talking to myself. I highly recommend writing up one for yourself!
> I will always consider your needs first.
> I will not put you in positions anymore that require you to suppress things that bother you.
> You are not an endless source of energy.
> If it's not a hell yes, then it's a hell no.
> You have permission to show how you feel.
> You are 100% responsible for your own happiness AND 100% NOT responsible for others'happiness.
> Only you know what you truly "can" and "want" to handle.
> Know who you are. Be realistic in your expectations of yourself.
> Your full glass is ALL yours. Others get the overflow.
> You get to use your voice. All the time. Every time.
> You don't have to be everyone's best friend.
> Fiercely guard the beautiful life you worked damn hard for.
> Life is too short to spend on others' happiness.
> Let go, move on and let others live how they want to.
> The new you is the true you.
> The best thing you can do for others is to stand 100% in your freedom.
"Horrific Theater Experience" told by the trio, Jennifer, Nate and Abigail
- Happy New Year intro in the corral!
- How a wonderful gift quickly turned into a scary situation
- How each of us felt during the situation
- Jennifer takes action
- What each of us learned as we have been processing it afterwards
- The different ways each of us followed up
- The importance of standing up for ourselves, our families and not allow bullies to win
- The beauty and benefits of our non monogamous relationship!!
- Real life horse fight on set!
- Horse behavior/Our herd dynamics
- What our Christmas was like :)
- Our new family Christmas song
- Christmas card from my mom/Painful reminders
- Why it's hard for me to keep showing up
(WARNING: Due to new equipment this episode cuts out a few times. I am struggling to find portable, affordable equipment that I can use in my corral which apparently doesn't exist because people don't tend to record with their horses ;). Also, Zelle was VERY interested in being a part of the podcast today so she nuzzled me relentlessly and the fuzzy noises is her face all over mine and the mic. It's the real deal here people. So brace yourself if you're up for the adventure of today's random podcast that was, well, challenging.)
#weneedtolaughpodcast/Fun Stories From My Life! (Custom artwork by Adrienne Weston!)
- A couple of my all time favorite original jokes ;)
- My extremely embarrassing "Back Hug" story
- 3 super cute and shit funny moments with each of my kids
- Permission to HAVE FUN this holiday season
- Homework to listen to this awesome song "Larger than Life" by Pinkzebra (feat. Benji Jackson)