The Excel Still More podcast is designed to help Christians excel in their faith, their relationships, and really every part of their lives. If you are interested in growth in your faith, this is the show for you. If you want to see yourself reach greater heights, achieve powerful spiritual goals, and be a better servant of Christ, we are here to help. Each episode introduces a proven principle for achieving more. Then we show how the Word of God amplifies the idea. Finally, each episode will leave you with at least one practical project so you can put these tools into action today!Thanks for joining! Live your best life in Christ, and in whatever you do: Excel Still More!
It Doesn't Matter
Welcome to calmness in a frustrating world! Okay, how about the PROSPECT of such a thing. I'm the kind of person who has immediate emotional reactions that often get me in trouble. I very often look back and think, "If I had just taken a moment to think about that, things would have gone so much better." And, there is a special little phrase that helps me do that.
Today, I will share some personal issues and recent episodes that have discouraged me. I promise this isn't a call to pity, though I am pretty pitiful. But I need you to see how perspective can change everything. Maybe even in your life as well.
- Do you ever get frustrated at things that aren't really that big of a deal?
- Why do we do that when God has done so much for us?
- Are you interested in impulse control, better perspective, and deeper prayers?
- Can a simple phrase, uttered over and over again, really make that big of a difference?
- How can you tell the difference between things that matter and things that don't?
The MasterCard Symbol
Why can't we just all agree on everything? Why don't people see things like you see them all the time? And does a healthy relationship demand such? Well, on that last one, I sure hope not! The truth is, we see things differently than even our closest friends. How do we deal with that? I have to tell you, there are a lot of relationships that are defined by the differences. And those relationship are awful. Maybe its a marriage, or a blood brother. All they can think about is how they disagree and why that prevents them from growing. We can do better. We must.
The MasterCard symbol is here to help. You may not agree with all I have to say about that... but that's kind of the point! ;-) Let's celebrate what unites us and then work on the rest.
- How do you deal with people in your life who disagree with you on things?
- Is every disagreement worth fighting over? How do you tell the difference?
- What is usually true of every friendship that needs more focus and appreciation?
- Do brethren sometimes let their differences lead to division? Why?
- Is there hope in your home and church and life found in a small orange area?
The Hope Experiment
I am apologizing in advance. The experiment behind today's episode is pretty morbid. I in no way hope that you find yourself swimming for your life in a oversized test tube. I also feel like the feedback that is coming will ensure no more episodes feature rats, dead or alive.
However... for today... I have an old scientific experiment to share with you. If a rat can change it's potential by 240X from just a moment's infusion of hope, how much more so you and me? Consider the power of hope in your life, and what it means to believe in God's hand, your own strength, and the support of the people you love!
- Why did a group of scientist drown a bunch of rats?
- Okay that may not be defensible, but what was learned from that experiment?
- What has God done in your life to give you hope for tomorrow?
- What have you done for yourself in the past to build hope in your own strength?
- Who loves you so much that they have come to your rescue and will do it again soon?
Love and Light
This episode feels important. Sure, I want to talk to you about your influence. I want to talk to you about the love in you and who gets that love and how longsuffering your are with it. And yes, I want to ask about your light. I want to tell you that you reflect Christ and the world needs to see you illuminated in His name. All of that is important.
But it is also impossible. Yes, you heard that right, it cannot be done. Unless... Unless the love of God is real in your life. Unless the light of God warms your soul. Too many Christians, in my experience, are living with less than great love and with dimmed lights, because that reflects what they see in God. And there is so, so much more!
- How would you describe God's love for you?
- How would you describe the light of God in your life?
- Is it possible to love others well if we do not know God's love well?
- Is it possible to shine brightly if the light of God is not bright in our own lives?
- And how wonderful will our love and light be if we sob beneath the realization of God's?
Looking For Adventure
I'm in search of someone who is looking for adventure. Who is ready to step out there and do something that most people will not do. You need to know, it won't be easy. And there are risks that it might not go as planned. And you have no way to predict what will happen next!
But the alternative... being stuck in the system, in the mundane, in a machine that isn't really you and doesn't represent who you want to be... well, I'm done with that. Maybe you are as well. If so, hop in for a big decision. Jordan Peterson wrote a new book giving us 12 more rules for life. In promoting that book, he spoke of the most adventurous thing you can do.
- Why aren't more people willing to take a risk to get a genuine reward?
- Before the big jump, what is the most satisfying thing you can do day by day?
- Are you sharing your true feeling with others? Or is that just too scary?
- What is the proper process to becoming truly transparent with others?
- What are some tremendous things that might happen when you take today's adventure?
"Don't Blame Anybody"
Jon Rahm had his heart broken. He was winning a major tournament, just one day away from 1.7 million dollars. And then, it all went away, all of the sudden. What happened to him was terrible, unfair, and infuriating. But how would he respond? Would he blame everyone? Would he use it as an excuse to behave poorly? Nope. This dude is solid. And the attitude he put on display is an example to us all. Oh, and good attitudes lead to good outcomes!
- Have you recently had something unfair happen to you in your life?
- How did that make you feel and what did you want to do about it?
- Is it important to keep your cool, put it in perspective and move forward?
- How many people are influenced by how you handle tough breaks?
- Is it possible a bad break today can lead to your big break tomorrow?
Love listening to these lessons! Kris gives great insight into easy and manageable ways to improve your life and grow in God’s word. Growing is living (and getting closer to God). The positivity is contagious. See for yourself.
I am listening in from Tokyo, Japan. This podcast is helpful and encouraging.
This podcast as far as I’ve seen is not only biblically accurate, but practical and simple. Which makes it easy to understand, learn, and grow. Plus they’re fairly short which means you don’t need to set aside a lot of time. Very encouraging and I recommend anyone to listen.