Everyone has the potential to be better. In fact if you take away the excuses, and the bullsh*t you'll realize that the only thing stopping you from becoming the version of yourself, is you. Join Demetrius Thigpen the Host and Creator of the Podcast Extraordinary Thoughts for the Ordinary Mind. A podcast dedicated to helping people become the version of themselves that they were destined to be. https://instagram.com/meech.speaks?igshid=xxczh0zgixobhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/807453813049695/
UnFukin Demetrius Thigpen
Selfishly Taking Care of Myself
selfish and happy
How UnFukin Respectful of You
Learn how to Respect yourself, and others
It's your Confidence that needs to be UnFuk'd
It's the WHY for me
UnFuk Yourself: Toxic Leadership 3 the Misdirection in Leadership
Customer ReviewsSee All
A real one 💯
Do I need to say more? Meech speaks the truth. He has a gift of relating to people and inspiring people to become the best version of themselves. He legitimately speaks from the heart and hits home. Keep grinding brother ✊🏼
Make Today Count.
This episode was needed! And I applaud your courage and vulnerability to speak on the topic of toxic masculinity. Here are my takeaways (spoiler alert lol)
1. Making women feel less than for expressing who they are. This! I believe that everyone should have respect for themselves (men and women) and act accordingly. Do what you want. But respect and love yourself while doing it.
2. You spoke on this later in the episode. But as I was listening in the beginning, I was thinking. A lot of these toxic men are really just insecure. And rather than owning up to that, they lash out verbally and physically.
3. Parents telling little boys not to cry needs to stop. Period. I think that boys need to know it’s ok to be vulnerable because ultimately that’s the best way for them to get their needs met. Because puffing up the their chest and trying to fight ain’t it!
4. The double standard. Ugh. I hate it. I have to speak to my teenage niece about this all the time because she prefers to hang out with boys and now she has labels on her that are truly unfair smh. But then that leads back to point 1.
5. Resorting to violence to reassure masculinity. Great point. I never thought of it in that way, but very true.
6. Boys being taught to be emotionally unavailable by parents needs to stop.
Overall! So great. I wish more men would dive deep into this topic.
THREE PEAT ! ! !
I was on my lunch break and had to turn up the volume then replay the whole episode THREE times because I felt like you were preaching to me. Not many dudes are this cold with their words. Very precise and hard hitting. Keep up the quality content. Looking out for your book as well !