"Fore Play" is a weekly podcast by common golfers, for common golfers. Trent, Riggs, Frankie, Lurch, and their wide variety of guests talk about everything golf like normal folks sitting at a bar watching coverage, venting about the game's difficulties, and weighing in on pro gossip. Your classic golf addicts, the "Fore Play" crew brings a young, unique voice to the rapidly-evolving game, discussing freely and openly everything golf. There is nothing like it.
A Day With Steph Curry & An Airline Pilot
Steph Curry played in the Half Moon Bay Barstool Classic. We spent the day with him. It was real and it was spectacular. We’re also joined on set by Austin, a commercial airline pilot (25:45), who answers all our pressing questions. Plus, Matt Wolff and others join LIV, we are adding our first Canadian Classic stops, and we’re embarking upon a Scotland trip.
Matt Fitzpatrick, The Champ
Matt Fitzpatrick is in studio (5:32) with the U.S. Open trophy. We talk cross-handed chipping, ignoring Riggs’ FaceTime, and eternal glory. After Fitz, we discuss Koepka to LIV, the Tour’s new events series, Immelman replacing Faldo, and Morikawa pouring milk in before cereal.
U.S. Open Knee-Jerk Recap
We start recording as Fitz & Willy Z play the 72nd hole. We react to Matthew Fitzpatrick winning his first major, Zalatoris finishing 2nd again, TCC’s performance, Rory’s standing in the game, JT’s drain issue, LIV no shows, the future, food, and much more.
U.S. Open Preview with Danny Rapaport
Golf Digest reporter Danny Rapaport joins us live from The Country Club in Brookline to talk U.S. Open, LIV Golf, contentious pressers, picks, scoring conditions and more. Duane Bock makes an appearance to drop a few Kiz stories. Frankie learns of a physics experiment that calls into question human consciousness as we know it.
Wilbur Live Show with Kiz & Kirk
Our first ever live show coming to you from the Wilbur Theater in Boston. We’re joined by Kevin Kisner (00:27:59:21) and Kirk Minihane (00:54:33:12) with a special appearance from Frankie’s mental coach Dr. Bhrett McCabe (00:18:41:18) Much to discuss with LIV, Phil’s presser, the U.S. Open at The Country Club, and muuuuch more.
Billy Horschel: “Well this should be very interesting”
Billy Horschel, quite aware of everything we’ve said about him, joins the show for 90 minutes (33:17). And he’s not afraid to discuss our history. We get into our past comments and where we stand, how we got here, everyone’s thoughts on the latest LIV developments, winning Jack’s tournament, winning $10M+ in the 2014 FedEx Cup, a relationship with Tiger Woods, and much, much more. There’s also quite a bit of breaking news to react to.
Left Handers Are People Too
For those of us that love the “Aint No Hobby” gear, it was disappointing to see that lefties have been excluded from being able to buy the golf glove being sold. We’re people too, guys. I’m particularly disappointed in Frankie (for obvious reasons). I’ll still give a 5 star rating because I love the podcast.
LIV Tour Specific
3-4 guys sit around and talk about the LIV tour for 80% of the time. The other 20% is just ad reads. Unfortunately, the ad reads are the most entertaining portion of the show.
“For the common man”
This show used to give off vibes of weekend warriors and play once in a while golfer. This was when the show was entertaining. The main host Riggs has got to be the most anti common man golfer of all time. His arrogance and better than you attitude is extremely unenjoyable to listen to. My fear for this podcast is his friendships with pro golfers will only fuel this and make him “untouchable”. Seems like the podcast is a shell of itself.