Welcome to the Holistic Spaces Podcast, feng shui conversations with Anjie & Laura co-founders of the Mindful Design Feng Shui School. We hope to inspire you to create your own holistic spaces that nurture and resonate with you.
Anjie Cho and Laura Morris are the founders of the Mindful Design Feng Shui School. We teach feng shui online at Mindful design School!
check us out at mindfuldesignschool.com and be sure to sign up for our mailing list for special free workshops and opps to ask questions for the podcast!
Tune in every Monday for a new podcast episode.
Episode 179: Feng Shui Qi Forecast, July 2022
In this episode, we’re sharing a feng shui qi forecast for the month of July 2022! First, we go over what’s going on in nature and what you can expect energetically this month, and then Laura shares a tarot reading for the Holistic Spaces Podcast listener community. We also share how you can make the most of this month’s energy in your home through feng shui.
- Key dates to look out for this month in the moon’s cycle and the Chinese solar term calendar
- What to expect energetically this month
- The connection between summer and the fire element
- How to create more balance in your life this July
- Feng shui adjustments to welcome fire energy and visibility
- Finding balance in generosity
Episode 178: Summer Solstice and the Fire Element
Happy Summer Solstice! In the Northern Hemisphere, we’re officially welcoming the hottest part of the year. In feng shui terms, this means we’re moving into a season with more fire energy. In this episode, we’re sharing some feng shui tips to help you embrace the fire element and create more balance during this season.
- What is the summer solstice?
- Moving from a wood season into a fire season
- Qualities of the fire element
- How to make the most of this summer’s fiery energy
- How to know if you have too much or too little fire
- How to balance excess fire energy
Episode 177: Our Favorite Crystals for Feng Shui
Natural crystals have been very popular lately, for good reason! Not only do they add beauty and color to a space, they can also be used with feng shui intentions to shift the energy in your home. In this episode, we’re sharing the significance of crystals in feng shui and some of our favorite stones for protection, prosperity, and confidence.
- Why we love crystals and what they represent in feng shui
- How to choose crystals
- Our favorite crystals for grounding and protection, prosperity and abundance, and personal growth and confidence
- How you can start to work with these crystals in your home
Episode 176: What to Do with "Bad" Bathroom Locations
We get a lot of questions about how to deal with bathrooms in “bad” locations. While we would encourage you not to be fearful of any home layout, there are a few places in your home where a bathroom can pose more of a challenge. In this episode, we’re sharing what these locations are and how to work with them in feng shui.
- What do bathrooms mean in feng shui?
- Why do people get nervous about the location of their bathroom?
- Our perspective on feng shui and bathrooms
- Three of the most challenging locations for a bathroom
- Easy, straightforward adjustments for less-than-ideal bathroom locations
Episode 175: Feng Shui Qi Forecast, June 2022
In this episode, we’re sharing a feng shui qi forecast for the month of June 2022! First, we go over what’s going on in nature and what you can expect energetically this month, and then Anjie shares an I Ching reading for the Holistic Spaces Podcast listener community. We also share how you can make the most of this month’s energy in your home through feng shui.
- Key dates to look out for this month in the moon cycle and the Chinese solar term
- What to expect energetically this month
- How we can be in harmony with the energy of June
- Why more isn’t always better
- Having the patience to let things settle naturally
- Feng shui tips to help you work with the energy of June in your home
- What to wear to a strawberry social — will we see Laura in a pink gingham dress this summer??
Episode 174: Luck and Protection with Feng Shui
Many people come to feng shui because they are wanting to bring more luck and protection into their lives. In this episode, we’re sharing five feng shui shifts you can make in your home to increase your luck and feel more protected.
- The command position and why it’s so important
- How to work with protector deities and symbols of protection
- What protection means to us
- How to find your lucky animal symbol based on your Chinese zodiac animal
- What oranges represent in feng shui
- The best feng shui color for inviting luck and protection
This podcast is like therapy for me. I’ve been listening for five months and when I skipped a few weeks my mood and awareness declined. Finally, I figured out it was the podcast I was missing. It helps me approach life with my cup empty, ready to receive the gifts of the world. Love!
All my feng shui needs !
Anji and Laura are wonderful. So knowledgeable and inspiring. I love learning about feng shui and implementing it in own home. I’ve learned so much - practical tips and fixes for my home and life. Excellent practitioners. I really trust them. Great podcast.