Welcome to the Holistic Spaces Podcast, brought to you by Mindful Design Feng Shui School. We hope to inspire you to create your own holistic spaces that nurture and resonate with you. Anjie Cho and Laura Morris are the founders of Mindful Design Feng Shui School. Together they have over two decades of experience designing harmonious spaces for their clients in their successful design businesses. Through articles, blogs, books, workshops, videos, and TV appearances, Laura and Anjie have guided thousands of people to shift their energy and revitalize their living spaces. Mindful Design School offers feng shui courses and certifications at mindfuldesignschool.com. Tune in the second and fourth Mondays of every month for a new podcast episode.
Episode 110: March 2021 Holistic Spaces Astrology Forecast with Kristina Wingeier
Intuitive astrologer Kristina Wingeier is back to share her insights on the cosmic events this month. Kristina shares a few of the key astrological happenings that we can look forward to in March 2021, and we dive into one of the foundational astrology concept, moon signs!
- How the wood element in feng shui relates to this time of year
- Significance of the spring equinox
- What to expect during Pisces season, beginning March 20th
- The new moon in Pisces on March 13th
- The full moon in Libra on March 28th
- How we’re encouraged to love and care for ourselves during this season
- What to expect from Mercury stationing direct and moving into Pisces
- Sun sign vs. moon sign in western astrology
- Laura’s moon sign and tarot exploration
- Kristina’s moon club offering
Episode 109: Feng Shui 101: What is Feng Shui?
This episode is the first in our Feng Shui 101 series. We wanted to get back to some of the basics of this practice, because there is a lot of power in simplicity, and because it’s always helpful to approach things with a beginner’s mind. Also, our relationships to feng shui are always evolving, so we wanted to share our current perspectives.
In this episode:
- The origin of the term “feng shui”
- Our definitions of feng shui
- The connection between feng shui and nature
- Balancing tools and study with wisdom and intuition
- Paradoxes within feng shui
- Honoring the simplicity as well as the depth of feng shui
- Fear-based vs. compassion-based approaches to feng shui
- Our desire to have absolutes and clear answers
- The feng shui bagua map
- Different schools of feng shui
- Why it’s important go deep with one school instead of jumping around
Episode 108: The Elements of Sound with Amy Kirby
In this episode, we’re excited to welcome Amy Kirby, Mindful Design graduate, to the podcast! We loved Amy’s final project in the program all about feng shui and sound, and wanted to share it with all of you!
- How Amy decided to focus on feng shui and sound
- The power of your own voice
- The benefits of deep listening
- The connection between feng shui and the human voice
- Mantras and chanting
- Why singing is beneficial, even if you don’t think you’re a good singer
- The connection between doors and voices
- How to bring in the elements through sound
- How Amy works with sound in her home on a regular basis
Episode 107: A Flower Elixir for Every Zodiac Animal with Katie Hess of LOTUSWEI
We’re so excited to have our good friend Katie Hess back on the podcast today! Katie is the founder of LOTUSWEI, and if you’ve been listening for a while, you’re probably familiar with Katie and her flower essences. In this episode, Katie is joining us to share a personalized flower essence recommendation for each Chinese zodiac animal to support them in 2021, the Year of the Ox.
In this episode:
- What are flower essences?
- How to work with the energy of flowers
- Each zodiac animal’s compatibility with the ox
- Which flower essence Katie recommends for each animal based on the year ahead and what kind of support they will need
- What it means to be in a yin metal year
- What rituals we recommend for the Lunar New Year
Episode 106: February 2021 Holistic Spaces Astrology Forecast with Kristina Wingeier
We’re excited to welcome Kristina Wingeier back to the podcast for February’s astrology forecast! We talk about some of the astrological happenings to look out for this month, how to work with these energies, and how they connect back to feng shui.
In this episode:
- How to work with the energy of Mercury retrograde
- Why we don’t need to be afraid of Mercury retrograde
- What to expect from the strong Aquarius energy this month (and year)
- How to work with the new and full moons this month
- Which area of the bagua is most connected to the energy of a new moon
- How to work with challenging square aspects in astrology
- The need to be flexible and adapt to changes
- How flexibility is connected to the five elements in feng shui
Episode 105: Nine Star Ki for 2021
Every year, we talk about what you can expect from the year ahead according to your Nine Star Ki number. Nine Star Ki is a system that we use in feng shui that is also deeply connected to the I Ching and the five elements. This year’s episode is a special one, because our dear teacher and mentor Rosalie Prinzivalli is joining us to share her wisdom as well!
In this episode:
- How to calculate your Nine Star Ki principal number
- Why it’s helpful to know your number
- How knowing your friends’ and family members’ numbers can help you support them
- What 2021 has in store for you based on your Nine Star Ki
- Advice for each number to embrace this year’s energy
- The five element relationships between different number
Customer ReviewsSee All
Anjie & Laura are true gifts to this practice.
This podcast is such a treat. And Anjie & Laura, the icing on top! These two inspirational leaders speak so beautifully about Feng Shui while keeping it totally understandable, doable, and Fun! They are such blessings to this practice and I am so grateful I found them. 🙏🏼💕
Anjie is wonderful
Very informative podcast about feng shui. It presents the information in a very easy to understand way that helps me to bring peace and serenity into my life.
Informative and calming
I listen to this podcast as I’m going to bed at night. Anjie has a very gentle voice, so instead of stressing about X, I can listen and learn about feng shui and keep my mind of unsettling topics, then drift off. Then during the day I can implement some of the things I learned. Win-win!