Welcome to the Holistic Spaces Podcast, brought to you by Mindful Design Feng Shui School. We hope to inspire you to create your own holistic spaces that nurture and resonate with you. Anjie Cho and Laura Morris are the founders of Mindful Design Feng Shui School. Together they have over two decades of experience designing harmonious spaces for their clients in their successful design businesses. Through articles, blogs, books, workshops, videos, and TV appearances, Laura and Anjie have guided thousands of people to shift their energy and revitalize their living spaces. Mindful Design School offers feng shui courses and certifications at mindfuldesignschool.com. Tune in the second and fourth Mondays of every month for a new podcast episode.
Episode 096: Feng Shui & Creativity
This episode is a fun one about feng shui and creativity! Often, people connect the Dui area of the bagua map to creativity. In the feng shui that we teach and study, creativity can be connected to all of the bagua areas. In this episode, we’re sharing some of our creative projects and our tips to activate creativity in your life.
- Why we believe creativity isn’t limited to one area of the bagua
- The creative process behind Laura’s book
- Laura’s tip for activating creativity
- The creative process behind Anjie’s book
- Anjie’s tip for activating creativity
- How Anjie and Laura are staying creative
- How Mindful Design School came to be
- The power of simplicity
Episode 095: Autumn Declutter Time
As we move into fall in the northern hemisphere, we’re feeling a definite shift in energy. Feng shui is all about connecting to the cycles of nature, and working with those cycles in our spaces and lives. In this episode, we discuss:
- Why autumn is a great time to declutter
- Our perspectives on minimalism and clutter
- The benefits of letting go of old books
- What kind of energy we see in nature this time of year and how that’s reflected in our lives
- The importance of being gentle with yourself when it comes to decluttering
- How to set up your workspace to stay focused
Episode 094: Why Feng Shui?
In this episode, we’re sharing our stories of how we got into feng shui, how it’s affected our lives and our clients’ lives, and what we’ve gained from continuing to study feng shui with our teachers.
- How Laura went from a marketing director to designer to feng shui practitioner
- Anjie’s path from architecture to feng shui
- The power of finding the right teachers and mentors for you
- How we knew that feng shui was the right path for us
- Ways that feng shui has shifted our clients’ lives
- The importance of intention in feng shui
- The benefits of diving deeply into a practice like feng shui
- Being open to unexpected opportunities
Episode 093: Feng Shui Frequently Asked Questions
As feng shui practitioners, we get a lot of questions. In this episode, we decided to tackle a few of the most common ones. Are you wondering what it’s actually like to work with a feng shui consultant, trying to figure out where to put your bed, or worrying about your bathroom location? If so, be sure to tune in for this one!
- How is a feng shui reading done?
- When is the best time to schedule a feng shui consultation?
- What direction should your bed face?
- Which door should you use to lay the bagua?
- What’s the bagua?
- What’s the deal with bathrooms?
- Anjie’s podcast episodes with Barry Gordon on Yin & Yang and Ghosts, Entities & Feng Shui
Episode 092: Finding Your Purpose
In this episode, we’re talking about how feng shui can help you find your purpose. We’ve found that this topic has really resonated with a lot of the people we’ve worked with, so we wanted to share our perspective and some simple feng shui adjustments that can help you find clarity in this area of life.
- What purpose means to us
- Which bagua areas are related to purpose (if you need help finding these areas of your home, download our free bagua kit)
- The overlap between purpose and career
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to work with the fire and water elements together
- Three simple feng shui tips to help you find your purpose
Episode 091: Five Feng Shui Mistakes
Have you ever worried that you’re doing feng shui wrong? If so, you’re not alone. While we don’t believe anything in feng shui is always good or always bad, there are a few things we suggest staying away from as you’re exploring practice.
- Our thoughts on “good” or “bad” feng shui
- Why you might be attracted to homes or space with challenging feng shui
- Our opinions on plants in the bedroom
- What happens when you try do adjust all of the bagua areas at once
- What to do when you want to change someone else’s feng shui
- Why it’s helpful to work with a trained practitioner instead of trying to do your own feng shui
Customer ReviewsSee All
Anjie & Laura are true gifts to this practice.
This podcast is such a treat. And Anjie & Laura, the icing on top! These two inspirational leaders speak so beautifully about Feng Shui while keeping it totally understandable, doable, and Fun! They are such blessings to this practice and I am so grateful I found them. 🙏🏼💕
Anjie is wonderful
Very informative podcast about feng shui. It presents the information in a very easy to understand way that helps me to bring peace and serenity into my life.
Informative and calming
I listen to this podcast as I’m going to bed at night. Anjie has a very gentle voice, so instead of stressing about X, I can listen and learn about feng shui and keep my mind of unsettling topics, then drift off. Then during the day I can implement some of the things I learned. Win-win!