Dean Sherzai, M.D. & Ayesha Sherzai, M.D.: “Cognitive decline is something that happens slowly and gradually, starting in our thirties and in our forties… And there's a lot we can do about it.”
Dean and Ayesha, neurologists and directors of the Alzheimer’s Prevention Program at Loma Linda University, join mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to optimize your brain health at any age, plus:
*Signs of cognitive decline you shouldn't ignore*
*How to reap the health benefits of meditation if you hate sitting still*
*Why you should make checklists for brain health*
*How to better your brain by focusing on leg strength*
*Why multitasking isn't actually productive*
Referenced in the episode:
- Dean & Ayesha's book, The 30-Day Alzheimer's Solution.
- Dean & Ayesha's discussion about brain health at mbg's 2018 revitalize event.
- mbg Podcast episode #70, with the Sherzai's.
- Dean & Ayesha's non-profit organization, the Healthy Minds Initiative.
- Research showing how leg exercise can enhance the production of healthy neural cells.
- Dean's meta-analysis on Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI).
Don't forget to use the code BRAIN30 to receive 30% off of mbg's Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition class, led by ultra-endurance athlete, Rich Roll, and plant-based chef, Julie Piatt. You'll learn all the fundamentals of plant-based eating—perfect for if you're curious about a plant-based lifestyle but don't know where to start. To learn more, visit mindbodygreen.com/brain30.
Enjoy this episode! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices