Guest: Kathy Mandato, CHRO Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosts: Rosalene Glickman, PhD and Bill Brewer, CCP
Overview: Entertainment industry chief human resources executive Kathy Mandato discusses how to optimize workforce innovation and direction with hosts, Rosalene Glickman and Bill Brewer.
About Kathy Mandato: With more than 25 years’ experience in Human Resources, Kathy Mandato builds strong cultures, elevates talent, while scaling and transforming companies. Her background includes serving as the Chief Human Resources Officer for WarnerMedia Entertainment and Direct-to-Consumer.
Prior to joining WarnerMedia, Kathy advised technology startups including Snap, Inc. where she served as the VP of Human Resources. Before joining Snap, Kathy was at NBCUniversal for six years, serving as Executive Vice President, Human Resources for NBC Entertainment, Universal Television Studio, Universal Cable Productions, and HR Shared Services. She joined NBC in 2011 from Comcast Entertainment Group where she served as SVP of HR for three prominent cable networks.
Previously Kathy was Head of Human Resources for DreamWorks SKG and was part of the team that took the animation division public in 2004. She then served as Head of Human Resources for DreamWorks Animation for three years before joining Comcast and E! Entertainment.
Kathy began her career with agencies including BBDO Worldwide where she served as VP of New Business Development and Communications for the Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta offices.
Kathy received her B.S. degree in journalism and mass communications with a minor in public relations from Kansas State University. She lives in Los Angeles.
Why You Have to Check Out This Podcast
- How to optimize goal setting and progress updates with employees and the entire team.
- Why you must coach each direct report to bring out their best.
- How to ensure all employees understand their role and responsibilities.
- Leverage innovation as you prepare HR for where the organization will be in five years.
- What it means to have “work athletes” who will optimize valuable change and disruptive innovation.
- Respectful leadership styles that value expertise, encourage creativity, and achieve responsible team performance.
- Optimize the labor force while carefully balancing technology with employee empowerment.
- Understand how an organization deploys a voice of reason as it moves through its challenges.