Ben Bikman, Ph.D.: “The single greatest predictor of a good night of sleep is if I go to bed on an empty stomach.”
Ben, a metabolic scientist with a doctorate in bioenergetics, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to eat, sleep, and exercise your way to a healthy metabolism, plus:
- How to eat carbs without spiking your blood sugar (~09:19)
- The best sources of plant-based protein (~14:21)
- The worst seed oils for your health (18:45)
- What Ben eats in a day for a healthy metabolism (~27:05)
- How to guarantee a healthy diet for your kids (~30:22)
- The best type of exercise for metabolic health (~36:35)
- The benefits of collagen supplements (~32:53)
- How to avoid feeling anxious before bed (~45:49)
Referenced in the episode:
- Ben's book, Why We Get Sick.
- Shop mbg beauty & gut collagen+.
- Shop Ben's meal-replacement shake on getHLTH.
- A study on splitting up aerobic and resistance exercise and overall health.
- A study on social connections and longevity.
- A study on collagen supplementation and strong nails.*
We hope you enjoy this episode sponsored by Dame Products, and feel free to watch the full video on Youtube! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.