Calling the People to the Quran and the Sunnah upon the understanding of the Sahaba.
Maximising - The - Benefit - From - Ones - Time - Ustadh - Abdulhakeem - Mitchell
Ustadh Abdul Hakeem (hafidahullah)discusses the importance of guarding and safeguarding one's time.
Shaykh ibn Baz (rahimahullah) said, "Time is more valuable than gold itself."
This shows us the importance of time because it is a commodity which will aid us in our hereafter.
In safeguarding and utlising our time there are affairs which we must recognise and utilise in order to aid us in using our time well.
• Worship of Allah - The Purpose of our Creation
Ibn Kathir (Rahimahullah):
Allah created his servants to worship Him alone without any partners, so whoever obeys Allah with this command then Allah will grant them the best of rewards and whoever disobeys Him Allah will punish him with the most severe of punishments.
Allah informs us that he is not in need of the servants, he created his servants, rather they are in need of him (subhanahu)in all of their affairs for indeed Allah is the one who created them and he is the one that gives them sustenance. End of speech
• Good companionship
Spend your time with companionship that will aid you upon good.
The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wa salam)said,
"The person is upon the religion of his companion, so look to whom you take as your companion."
Have companionship which aids you in worshipping Allah, participating in that which brings you benefit, enjoins the good and forbids the evil, the time you spend with him is one of benefit, seeking beneficial knowledge and acting upon it, reminding one another of Allah, a companion who wants Jannah for you just as he wants for himself.
Anas ibn malik (radiaAllahu anhu) The Prophet (sallallaahu alaihi wa salam) said, "One of you does not truly believe until he loves for his brother that which he loves for himself."
• Righteous Actions and Exertion upon them
Do not fill ones time with the actions which are haram and actions which Allah subhanahu disapproves of, it is important to recognise that the worldly life is the place of cultivation for the aakhirah, this is where the seeds are laid down, which we seek to harvest and benefit from in the hereafter. Therefore, if a person does not exert themselves upon good, what will he have to harvest in the aakhirah?
Umar ibn abdul Azeez said, "indeed the night and the day they work for you, they are in your service so work for them. Ie take advantage of them, take advanatgae of the actions of the night and the actions of the day."
Abu Hurayrah (radiAllahu anhu) said he and other from the companions would split their night into three, 1/3 for sleep, 1/3 for revision of hadeeth and 1/3 for the worship of Allah (night prayer, supplication etc).
Your life in this world is not eternal, so take benefit of it while you can.
13 - Book of Purification - Umdatul-Ahkam- Uways at-Taweel | Nigeria
1. An introduction to the Chapter of Siwaak, and meanings of Siwaak
2. Benefits of using the Siwaak: in terms of health and in terms of worship
3. Encouragement to use the Siwaak regularly; especially for the prayer
4. Three Fiqh Principles scholars have extracted from the hadeeth
15 - The Aqeedah of al-Raaziyyain - Uways at-Taweel | Nigeria
1. Belief in the Resurrection being one of the Pillars of Eemaan (Faith) and it's great importance.
2. Several proofs from the Qur'an and Sunnah affirming the Resurrection.
3. Three affairs included in the proofs of Resurrection are: Allah's Perfect Ability, Knowledge and Justice.
Having Patience in Times of Trials - Ustadh Abdul Hakeem Mitchell
Patience is a means of attaining good in this life and the Hereafter.
Shaykhul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullah) mentioned that Patience is upon 3 affairs.
- Patience upon the obedience of Allah
- Patience in staying away from disobedience
- Servant patience upon calamities
Benefits from the speech of Shaykhul Islaam ibn Taymiyyah on affairs that aid the servant in remaining patient.
A lot of the affairs he refers to are in relation to pardoning one another and forgiving one another because from the hardest means of being patient is being patient with the creation. The soul leans towards seeking vengeance and by way of this its important that the person remains patient with the harms of the person and he does not go beyond bounds in seeking vengeance.
Summary of Benefits:
- Nothing occurs except that Allah has willed it – this aids a person in protecting them from depression and anxiety.
- How to recognise if a difficult affair is a blessing or a calamity for you.
- Virtue of forgiving and pardoning the harms of others as mentioned in the Quran.
- Pardoning and having good relations with others brings about goodness and peace within the hearts and brings an increase in benefit, much more than would be achieved by seeking vengeance.
- The one who is patient and pardons and does not seek vengeance for himself, this increases the person in honour, due to his forgiving and pardoning. If a person pardons, he will increase in humility inwardly and outwardly will increase in honour – and Allah Knows best.
- When a person pardons the people, then Allah will pardon him because the reward/recompense is based upon the form of the action itself – Shaykhul Islam said, this benefit alone is sufficient for a person to forgive and pardon others.
- Being focused on vengeance causes his heart to be preoccupied with vengeance and causes a loss and waste of time, causing more harm than the calamity itself.
- The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) NEVER sought vengeance for himself, whilst we know he was harmed severely due to his religion and he is the example for us to follow.
Please listen to the full lecture for further benefits
12 - Book of Purification - Umdatul-Ahkam- Uways at-Taweel | Nigeria
Some issues discussed:
1. A brief biography of the noble companion, Abu Qataadh al-Ansaaree - may Allah be pleased with him
2. Some Islamic etiquette: not using the right hand when using the bathroom and when cleaning up & not blowing into vessels when drinking
3. The perfect nature and comprehensiveness of Islam
14 - The Aqeedah of al-Raaziyyain - Uways at-Taweel | Nigeria
1. Several proofs from the Qur’an and Sunnah establishing the existence of the Angels, as well as their great and noble characteristics.
2. Duties of some angels, based on different hadeeths; including the writing down of people’s deeds by al-Kiraam al-Kaatibeen (the Honourable Scribes).
3. Advice from Shaykh Rabee – may Allah preserve him – for us to fear Allah in all our deeds, be shy of Allah Who sees and hears us; and to be shy of the Noble Scribes writing our actions.
Customer ReviewsSee All
The Salafia Explanation
AlHumdu-Allahi the first time I listened to Shaikh Abu Muaadh Taqweem Giving up explanation of Shahi Ibn Al-Bukhari. I now listened attentively everyday in-sha-Allah tu ala. Ramadhaan Ibn Pleasant. Ameen.
Teaching about Real Islam and Denouncing Terrorism
This channel gives you an in-depth look at Islam from the original sources, providing a full spectrum look at the religion. It also gives a full throated and meticulously detailed refutation against terrorism and extremism! Give it a listen!