Grab a seat at The Brave Table for unfiltered conversations about all the unpredictable moments we face on our journey through life—the raw, the real, the messy—and how to overcome them and thrive.
This is your oasis for the next season of who you are becoming—where you defeat your imposter syndrome, ditch comparing your life to others, embrace the unconventional, and recognize your evolution and expansion.
Join host Dr. Neeta Bhushan, a former dentist turned author, serial entrepreneur, and mama of two, for weekly episodes on strengthening your mental health and emotional fitness so you can face challenges with grace and grit.
Let’s get brave as we navigate this human experience together with lots of love, new perspectives, and a dose of laughter along the way.
78. Gene Keys and The Power of Self-Awareness in Personal Transformation with Victoria Fenton
Talk about personal growth and self-development is everywhere nowadays, and you’ve probably been hearing about all the different modalities you can use to better understand who you truly are. Things like Gene Keys, Human Design — but what do they mean, and what’s the difference? Today on The Brave Table, we’re going to demystify some of these concepts with the only person in the world (!!) to be trained by their founders 20 years ago, Victoria Fenton, and how using these tools to strengthen your self-awareness can accelerate your evolution.
Victoria is a Functional and Performance Medicine Consultant, Human Design and Gene Keys expert, and Transformational Master Coach. She has been in the world of personal development and healthcare for almost 20 years, training with some of the world's most exceptional doctors and greatest spiritual teachers. Today, Victoria bridges the worlds of science and spirituality, offering truly holistic support for individuals to heal from suffering. Victoria also trains holistic coaches as part of her professional mission to create empowered, self-aware, multi-skilled healers who can aid in the resolution of suffering for others.
For Victoria, being brave means being fully committed to your own trajectory, even when it looks (on paper) crazy and even when it seems crazy to you. There is always something behind an impulse, and she believes being brave is having the courage to follow it and find out what took you there.
What we get into this episode…
- Why it’s important to have good stress in your life
- What’s possible when you follow your intuition
- How to pivot your life path and career, even when it might not “make sense”
- How to combine all your experiences and gifts to create your niche
- Why an integrated approach to healing is necessary (and why mindset is not enough)
- What are Gene Keys, and how they help you on your growth journey
Make sure you also check out…
- Victoria’s program at https://unveilacademy.com and get a reading from her at https://unveilhumandesign.com
- Find her on Instagram @victorialfenton, @theunveilacademy and @aletheiaclinic
- Episode 76: How To Be Multidimensional and Going Through Life Transitions with Sahara Rose
- Episode 74: How To Heal Past Wounds, Integrate, and Build Radical Self-Awareness with Dr. Neeta Bhushan
77. How To Be Loving, Find Forgiveness, and Cultivate Self-Compassion with Danielle Laporte
A more loving world — isn't that the dream? Especially when tensions are running high, and it seems like we're sinking deeper into duality. Well, what if more love were possible, starting with you? What if you could discover how to find blessings in everything, even in the chaos? What if you could free yourself from the labels and conditioning that keep you separate from others and instead embody forgiveness, compassion, and love? Tune in to hear my guest in this episode, Danielle Laporte, share how we can all live heart-centered lives and honor the struggle and beauty of all beings.
Danielle LaPorte is a bestselling author, inspirational speaker, entrepreneur, and blogger. She is also the host of the With Love, Danielle podcast. Forbes named Danielle's blog one of the top 100 websites for women in 2012, and she is one of Oprah Winfrey's Super Soul 100 Leaders, described by Winfrey as someone who "is uniquely connecting the world together with a spiritual energy that matters." Her latest book, How to Be Loving, is a nuanced perspective on the life-changing power of Self Compassion, shadow work, and being more receptive to Higher Guidance. It is a guide on how to use the genius of your heart to create conditions for healing.
Here’s what we get into this episode…
- Navigating the duality of emotions
- How can you love your neuroses?
- The true definition of self-compassion
- How to embody your virtues
- What is shadow work and how to get started
- Tips on how to approach tough conversations
- And so much more.
Be sure to also check out…
- Find Danielle on Instagram @daniellelaporte
- Get your copy of her latest book, How To Be Loving, at daniellelaporte.com/howtobeloving, and grab your free audio chapter.
- Join her Heart Centered Membership at daniellelaporte.com/heartcentered
- Tune into Episode 37 for more on the duality of emotions
- More on cultivating self-love and compassion in Episode 61 with Dorota Stańczyk
Pre-order for my upcoming book, That Sucked. Now What? is now available! Order today, and you'll get exclusive freebies, including a 40-page accompanying guidebook and a free ticket to my virtual launch party!
76. How To Be Multidimensional and Going Through Life Transitions with Sahara Rose
“So, what do you do for a living?” Do you draw a blank when someone asks you this question? Not because you don’t know how to say what your career is (which is usually what they want to know), but because you know you are SO much more than that. Rather than associating yourself with what you do, you want to express who you ARE — and who you are is multidimensional, multi-passionate, and someone who can't be placed in a single box. If this sounds like you, consider this episode your call to step into something more.
Welcome to The Brave Table. Joining me for this episode is my incredible co-founder Sahara Rose from Dharma Coaching Institute (DCI), the first-ever institute to offer a dual certification as a Soul Purpose Coach and a Spiritual Life Coach. Sahara is the host of the #1 spirituality podcast in the world, the Highest Self Podcast, with more than 30 million downloads. She is also the creator of Rose Gold Goddesses and author of Discover Your Dharma, with a foreword written by Deepak Chopra.
Here’s what we get into in this episode…
- What it’s like to be a dharma coach
- What it means to be called into the next stage of your evolution
- How to interweave all your gifts and bring your full self to the table
- How to make time for growth
- Taking the time to check in to see what is out of balance
- And so much more
I KNOW you will get so much out of this conversation, so let’s get into it today with my friend and co-founder, Sahara Rose.
Make sure you also check out…
- Join our Day In the Life of a Dharma Coach workshop, happening on Monday, October 3rd https://dharmacoachinginstitute.com/workshop/
- Check out the multidimensional video series at https://dharmacoachinginstitute.com/dci/dharma/video/series/
- Ready to become a Dharma Certified Coach? Enroll for the Fall cohort of Dharma Coaching Institute at https://dharmacoachinginstitute.com/dci/enrollment/ and use the code “NEETA” for $150 off!
- Find Sahara on Instagram @iamsahararose and DCI @dharmacoachinginstitute
- Episode 7: Pursuing Your Dharma To Be Your Highest Self with Sahara Rose
- Episode 14: How To Know If You Are Ready To Pursue Your Purpose & Change Your Life
Last call to enter The Brave Table Fall giveaway, loves! Contest closes Friday. The GRAND PRIZE winner will receive a brand new Apple iPad! Simply leave a review of The Brave Table, take a screenshot of your review, and go to www.thebravetable.com/giveaway to upload your screenshot. Thanks for being here, and see ya next time!
75. Redefining the Modern Family and Transitions Before Motherhood with Taylor Lou Nations
Every day, you can choose to start preparing for the life you want. Even when it hasn't taken physical form... yet! And what's even better is that you get to decide how you do it — on your terms. By making micro shifts in your current life and embodying the vision you hold for your future, you start to call in the highest version of yourself; you also take the lead and show others what's possible for them, too.
Sounds amazing, but how do you do it? My guest in this episode, Taylor Lou, shares how she is transitioning into motherhood before it's fully come to fruition. You could apply her same practice to anything in your life — whether it's your career or getting ready for your future partner.
Taylor Lou is a certified Image Consultant and Business Mentor specializing in supporting powerhouse fempreneurs to reinvent themselves from the inside out and sustainably scale their online business. She has been an online entrepreneur since 2014, starting two successful online businesses before the age of 25. Her signature process of personal, brand, and business reinvention guides her clients to become a thought leader in their industry by gaining clarity on their most natural essence, magnetic message, and embodied medicine. She has helped hundreds of female entrepreneurs to make more money and grow their impact across many different online industries. Taylor Lou is a master-level trained NLP Practitioner, Life and Success Coach, and Hypnotherapist with a passion for personal growth and spirituality.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll get out of this episode…
- How to make intentional changes to create the future you want
- Redefining leadership and how to lead in your family
- Question prompts for bringing your loved ones closer together
- How to tap into your feminine essence and take time to play
- How to reinvent yourself at any stage of your career and life
- Examining what it means to be a modern woman and redefining the female leader
Make sure you also check out…
- Find Taylor on Instagram @taylorlounations
- Visit her website at https://www.taylorloucoaching.com/
- Tune into Episode 52: 40 Lessons I Learned Turning 40
- Listen to Episode 61: Cultivating Acceptance, Letting Go of Your Desires, and (Re)Creating Yourself with Dorota Stańczyk
- And tune into Episode 70: How To Be Brave in Creating Deep Friendships and Meaningful Support Circles with Dr. Neeta Bhushan
Don’t forget about The Brave Table Fall Giveaway! One lucky winner will receive a $150 gift certificate to a spa of your choice (because you deserve a little self-care, boo), and the GRAND PRIZE winner will receive a brand new Apple iPad! Simply leave a review of The Brave Table, take a screenshot of your review, and go to www.thebravetable.com/giveaway to upload your screenshot.
74. How To Heal Past Wounds, Integrate, and Build Radical Self-Awareness with Dr. Neeta Bhushan
Are you aware of your triggers? Noticing what sets you off is one of the first steps in self-awareness; it also shows you what you still need to heal. Though it can be hard to recognize at times, in every challenging situation you've faced, every person who has ever annoyed you, every hardship and setback — you've played a role.
Now, to be clear, I am NOT dismissing anyone who has endured traumatic events, the pain you’ve experienced, or saying it's your fault. Not at all. I'm just bringing to light that, in many of our sucky life moments, we get to be either the victor or the victim.
Using examples from my own life, that's what I get into in this episode: how to recognize those wounds that still dwell within you, make peace with them, and alchemize your pain so you can fully integrate and bounce back from those low moments with fierce self-awareness and grace. Let’s go!
Click here to pre-order my new book and get your exclusive freebies, including the 5-Day Healing Practice I mention in this episode.
Or go to ThatSuckedNowWhat.com.
What you’ll get out of this episode…
- How to develop your radical self-awareness
- Being the victim vs the victor in your life
- Recognizing your contribution to situations that don’t go the way you want them to
- How to know when you’re ready to integrate your traumas
- Navigating the different stages of grief
Make sure you also check out…
- Episode 64: Why I wrote That Sucked. Now What? & How To Confront Your “Sucky” Moments With Grit & Resilience
- Episode 66: The Bounce Factor & How to Build Your Audacious Resilience When Things Don't Go As Planned
- Episode 53: How To Build Your Emotional Strength Through Emotional Regulation with Nawal Mustafa
- Build your self-awareness with my free Intention Setting Planner at https://globalgrit.co/eyl/
Don’t forget about The Brave Table Fall Giveaway! One lucky winner will receive a $150 gift certificate to a spa of your choice (because you deserve a little self-care, boo), and the GRAND PRIZE winner will receive a brand new Apple iPad! Simply leave a review of The Brave Table, take a screenshot of your review, and go to www.thebravetable.com/giveaway to upload your screenshot. Catch ya next time!
73. Why People Cheat, Calling In Your Partner, and Healing Through Relationships with Stefanos Sifandos
Relationships are one of the most important aspects of our lives. They have the power to help us grow, heal, learn and discover so much about ourselves. They also have the ability to crush us. Relationships can magnify our greatest fears. They mirror the parts of ourselves we’ve neglected or ignored. They can leave us feeling so vulnerable and heartbroken when someone leaves us, cheats on us, or doesn’t live up to our expectations.
But! When we strive to understand relationship dynamics better so we can BE better in our relationships, absolutely everything changes. And there is no one better to dive into this topic than with my guest in this episode, Stefanos Sifandos.
Stefanos is the co-founder of MPOWERED Brotherhood and Elementum Coaching Institute. He has worked with thousands of people from all over the world: Elite Special Forces soldiers, Olympic Gold Medalists, high-performing CEOs and entrepreneurs, world champion fighters, couples wanting to deepen and/or heal their relationship, and individuals with mental health issues—all in the name of helping others to actualize the fullness of their potentiality and relate consciously to each other with authentic love.
Here’s some of the juicy goodness we get into in this episode…
- The psychological reason for infidelity—why do people cheat?
- Identifying childhood wounds as triggers in your adult life—how do these wounds define your core values?
- Tapping into your desires in relationships—-do you know what you truly desire?
- How to meet a partner, and when you meet someone, how you should approach them
- Finding your creative expression—how to get into a state of flow
- And so much more.
If you liked this episode, make sure you also check out…
- Check out Stefano’s exciting upcoming event Breathwork for the Feminine
- And find him on Instagram @stefanossifandos
- Pre-order his new book, Tuned In & Turned On: Bring Conscious Sexuality & Sacred Connection into Your Life
- Check out the website of Stefano’s wife, Christine, at christinehassler.com and his website, stefanossifandos.com, for his and Christine’s Be The Queen program
- You might also enjoy this episode with Silvy Khoucasian: Understanding Your Attachment Styles To Create Boundaries in Relationships
- And this incredible one with Annie Lalla: Understanding Love & Conflict Resolution With Your Partner
- Last but not least: How to Build Resilience and Master Personal Growth Through Your Relationships with Dr. Neeta Bhushan
If you loved this episode, please let me know by leaving a 5-star review on iTunes and sharing it with a friend! And don’t forget to enter The Brave Table Fall Giveaway at https://globalgrit.co/giveaway/. Thanks for being here, Brave Table squad, and see you next time!
My morning commutes have really shifted since I began listening to the Brave table Dr. Neeta Bhushan delivers such amazing podcast and content. There is something for everyone and a must listen. If you still haven’t pressed play, what are you waiting for? Trust me you won’t be disappointed, not to mention all the amazing guests on her show. Don’t wait, listen now.
Feels like coming home or sitting with your best friend.
I absolutely love Dr.Neeta and Brave table. She has the most genuine heart and the way she approaches her conversations no matter how deep or raw, feel like you are coming home or sitting with your best friend. Her grit and grace and the way she holds space for others is unmatched. She offers a beautiful reminder of how to show up exactly who you uniquely are.
Manifesting Generator loves being Multi-passionate!
This podcast resonated so fully and completely with me! I was always the odd one out that loved so many different things! Masculine things. Feminine things. I loved it all! Thank you for letting me feel free to be my most authentic self, living my highest self!