Thyroid Answers podcast is focused on providing answers to the most common question people who have a thyroid problems and thyroid symptoms need and want answers to.
The podcast is hosted by Dr Eric Balcavage and Dr Erica Riggleman. Both are doctors of functional medicine, chiropractors and certified nutrition specialists. Their practices focus on helping people with thyroid conditions improve their symptoms and regain their health using functional medicine.
What Tests Are Needed To Evaluate Thyroid Physiology?
It seems that every doctor and health care practitioner has a different opinion on which thyroid tests are important and which ones aren't.
In this episode of the podcast I try to provide some clarity to what tests are needed to evaluate thyroid physiology. In most cases it will come down to 4 key factors:
- What type of doctor is running your bloodwork
- What their philosphy is regarding thyroid physiology
- What they are trying to identify
- What the goal of testing is
The Thyroid Debacle
In this episode of the podcast Dr Kelly Halderman the co-author of my soon to be released book the Thyroid Debacle sits in for Dr Erica.
This discussion is on our book. I know so many of you are anxiously waiting for news on when it will be out.
In the podcast we discuss:
- Our ups and downs in getting the book finished and ready for print.
- Dr Kelly's journey from allopathic physician to functional medicine practitioner.
- What you will learn in the book.
- And more...
Listener Q & A #4
Dr Eric and Dr Erica answer more of your questions regarding hypothyroidism. If you have questions about hypothyroidism or any aspect of your health, submit the questions to the podcast to email@example.com.
In today's episode the doctors answer listener questions including:
- Why does blood glucose rise when I do Intermittent fasting?
- Why is fasting blood glucose high if insulin is low?
- Are T4 / T3 combo medications bad?
- Why does Ketogenic diet make me feel worse?
- More ...
Hypothyroidism and the GI Tract
In this episode of Thyroid Answers Dr Erica and Dr Eric discuss the significant role the GI Tract has in thyroid physiology, Hashimoto's and Hypothyroidism.
In this podcast the doctors discuss:
The link between the GI tract and the Cell Danger Response
- Malabsorption and hypothyroidism
- The GI problems causing hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroidism causing GI dysfunction
- Evaluating the GI Tract
- Addressing GI problems improves GI physiology
- Food Intolerances
- More ...
Listener Q & A
In this episode of Thyroid Answers Dr Erica and Dr Eric answer a bunch of listener questions. Some of the questions answered include:
- When does hypothyroidism start?
- What causes hypothyroidism?
- Is fasting bad for those with hypothyroidism?
- Why do I get low blood sugar episodes on a ketogenic diet?
- My weight is not budging on ketogenic diet and T4 medication. Can you tell me why?
- More ...
In this episode of Thyroid Answers the doctors discuss Postpartum Thyroiditis. While it is thought to impact less than 10% of women, if you are one of them, it can result in a significant impact of your health and quality of life.
Topics covered include:
What is Postpartum Thyroiditis
What causes Postpartum Thyroiditis
What are the signs and symptoms
Postpartum Thyroiditis vs Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
Postpartum Thyroiditis vs Primary Hypothyroidism
Customer ReviewsSee All
Unbiased, research-based thyroid advice
Reliable thyroid and hormone advice from functional medicine providers. Highly recommend binging all episodes to help you get yourself in great health!
My jaw dropped about 10 times...
As someone who exercises frequently and just can’t seem to figure out why I’m stuck, my jaw dropped about 10 times during the first episode I listened to, which happened to be on exercise.
I can’t wait to dive in deeper on episodes.
I’ve needed this podcast.