Fifth Season of the Global Wellness Summit Podcast
Features One-on-One Conversations with Summit Keynoters, Wellness Icons,
Authors, Designers & Disruptors
Guests include Dr. Jeffrey Rediger, Author of CURED; Dr. Sharon Malone, Women’s Health Expert and wife of Former Surgeon General Eric Holder; Joanna Frank, CEO of Center for Active Design; Dr. Howard Murad, Skincare Pioneer; Abby Brody, Education Disruptor; and Clodagh, Pioneer of Design for Well Being.
November 11, 2021 -- Get to know some of the groundbreaking voices in the wellness word as the fifth season of the Global Wellness Summit Podcast launches. The six-episode series will not only showcase icons in the mind/body movement and world of design, but it will also offer one-on-one, origin story conversations with four of the top keynoters at this year’s Global Wellness Summit being held at the Encore Boston Harbor Nov. 30th to Dec. 3, 2021.
Ranging from the science behind spontaneous healing to a disruptive new, mind-healthy idea for the college experience, this season of the only wellness podcast dedicated to exploring the latest industry research and the real-world impact of evidence-backed wellness trends continues to feature conversations with unforgettable thought leaders from all sectors of the $4.5 trillion wellness economy.
Hosted by Kim Marshall, wellness industry veteran and Co-Founder of S’Well The Agency, the conversations are lively and down-to-earth, with a unique chance for listeners to get to know industry icons and to have wellness principles brought home to a real-world audience. Partly recorded at the first ever Global Wellness Institute Real Estate Symposium this fall in New York City, Season Five will be posted weekly starting Nov. ___in this order:
· Clodagh -- Hall of Fame Designer was born in Oscar Wilde's summer home in Ireland and she was one of the first to put forth the idea that good design can support well-being. Today her sleek, minimalist designs in hotels, homes and products like carpet, furniture and fixtures are as recognizable and exquisite as a Balanchine ballet. The episode is co-hosted by Veronica Schreibeis Smith, the wellness architect featured in Episode #34 and the Global Wellness Summit “2020 Leading Woman in Wellness.”
· Jeffrey Rediger, MD -- Harvard professor, psychiatrist and theologian, Dr. Rediger wrote CURED: The Lifechanging Science of Spontaneous Healing. after nearly twenty years of research. Rediger’s surprising life story -- that took him from Amish Country to the Ivy League and the jungles of Brazil, is a message of hope & healing is not to be missed.
· Joanna Frank -- With the health of indoor air being paramount in a post-COVID world, hear the optimistic attitude this former member of the Bloomberg administration in charge of opening healthy grocery stores in the city’s “Food Deserts” has about changing the health of buildings everywhere. Frank is now President & CEO, Center for Active Design which works in concert with the Centers for Disease Control to offer FitWel Certification for buildings around the U.S.
· Abby Brody - Education Disruptor, lifetime educator and former administrator at the World School, Brody will discuss why the traditional college track is leaving families shackled in debt and students without life skills needed to succeed in the workforce. Hear why she’s created a new kind of university experience called MYX.
· Dr. Howard Murad -- Skincare Pioneer who has been granted 19 patents and authored three books will talk about his career of firsts: first doctor backed skincare line and day spa; first derm to link skincare with healthcare; first to identify the cellular water principle and the dangers of cultural stress. Find out how being a son of hard working, positive minded immigrants ad nurturing his artistic side has influenced his work.
· Dr. Sharon Malone – One of the first guests on the Michelle Obama
Skin Care is Health Care with Beauty Industry Luminary Dr. Howard Murad
Dr. Howard Murad is a true wellness trailblazer. A pharmacist who became a dermatologist and launched a skincare line at 50 years old, he was one of the first derms to open a day spa. Dr. Murad was one of the first people to identify skin care as health care. An eternal optimist with a sincere desire to help others, he now champions the best ways to maintain healthy skin for the sake of your overall well being, both mental and physical.
Disrupting College Education & Rethinking the Four-Year Degree for a More Holistic Outcome
Abby is the founder and CEO of MYX, “remyxing” the higher education landscape to combine online and experimental learning to meet the needs of the future. Wellness is so often about the here and now that it’s easy to forget about how much our formative years play into our health and wellbeing. That’s why keeping a focus on the education system is so important – it’s going to have such a huge impact on the next generation.
A Healthy Habitat: Designing with Wellness in Mind with Joanna Frank from The Center for Active Design
Joanna is President & CEO of the Center for Active Design in New York. They’re a non-profit on a mission to promote health through design in the real estate and landscape we inhabit. Now, they’re the licensed operators of Fitwel, the world’s leading certification system for optimizing buildings for health.
A Message of Hope, Resilience and Healing with Dr. Jeffrey Rediger
Dr. Jeffrey Rediger is a Harvard professor, medical doctor, psychiatrist, and the author of “Cured: The Life-Changing Science of Spontaneous Healing.” In this episode, he lays out his pillars of wellness and invites us to get to grips with just how much control we have over our total wellbeing. It’s time to stop looking for and blaming external factors and unlock our own wellness from within!
48. Life Enhancing Design with Clodagh
Kicking off the fifth season of the Global Wellness Summit podcast is an illuminating discussion with two pioneers in the design world. Find out how energy, space, sound, materials, smells, BioGeometry and even decluttering can all have an impact on our overall wellbeing.
Breathwork - with James Nestor & Sandy Abrams
Breathing can be considered the original medicine. Taking charge of it carries an almost endless list of health benefits – both mental and physical. Today’s guests, James Nestor (author of Breath) and Sandy Abrams (The CEOm), are on a mission to spread knowledge about the power of breath. Thanks to COVID, our respiratory health is more relevant now than it ever has been. As Sandy says, breathing is free, organic, sustainable, and available 24/7. What more could we possibly ask for?
Fantastic new podcast to listen to !! Thank you for this !!